Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Autocrossing -

Going for a Drive -

While they both thought the Si was sportier, and the autocross times bear that out, they both also preferred the Elantra Sport. It's amazing that the ES goes for a good $6K (it was $8K back in June) more than the Si in my neck of the woods.

And while the difference in price may eventually be withing a couple/three grand over time, the Si will forever be an ugly-ass thing while the ES will always be a good looking vehicle.

:):)

·
Registered
188 Posts
I get why people would buy an Si. I also get why people would save money and buy an Elantra Sport.

As they said, you really cannot go wrong with either car. They're both great.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've wanted an Si ever since the very first version. And now that I can afford one, I chose my first Hyundai instead. Go figure.

Same here, no V-Tech was the decider for me..... an Si with no V-Tech is a travesty. And I would have got the coupe, not a fan of the 4 door.

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you watch the video all the way through, they both had quicker times in the ES than the Si. Really, they are very evenly matched, with the ES clearly the better bang for the buck. Honda has had great sporty cars for many years, very impressive what Hyundai is offering for so little $ with the ES.

·
Registered
188 Posts
If you watch the video all the way through, they both had quicker times in the ES than the Si. Really, they are very evenly matched, with the ES clearly the better bang for the buck. Honda has had great sporty cars for many years, very impressive what Hyundai is offering for so little $ with the ES.
They say they were a couple seconds faster in the Si (despite what the videos show).

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've wanted an Si ever since the very first version. And now that I can afford one, I chose my first Hyundai instead. Go figure.
I have driven a 2007 si for 10 years, loved the vtec kicks in yo. now I have my elantra sport, different feelings with the turbo toque. but both are really nice, cant go wrong with either one. except elantra has auto and cheaper LOL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.