Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have suggestions on what break pads, slotted and drilled rotors and calipers I should look at for my 2017 Elantra sport?

I found these currently on ebay https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...lotted+and+drilled+rotors+and+brakes&_sacat=0

Not sure if Brembo makes brakes and things for this car but I'd like to upgrade the brakes to cut down on brake dust and better stopping power.

Please shoot me links to any ideas if possible

Ryan

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Avoid drilled. Unnecessary for most applications and they can crack. Slotted is fine, something like the EBC Greenstuff pad is also good. If you are not tracking the car you don't need anything fancy.

·
Registered
342 Posts
If you're not tracking the car, the stock rotors will do just fine. I'd just upgrade the brake pads and tires but that's it. The ES' brakes are more than sufficient for street use. Now if you're going for looks...

·
Registered
12 Posts
R1 Concepts GeoMet slotted.
I ran their carbon/ceramic series brakes on my Lexus before this and the drivers side slightly warped with only like 4,000 miles on them...

I’m willing to give them another shot though. Are you running them? Do you recommend their pads as well or should I look into other ones?

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
I ran their carbon/ceramic series brakes on my Lexus before this and the drivers side slightly warped with only like 4,000 miles on them...

I’m willing to give them another shot though. Are you running them? Do you recommend their pads as well or should I look into other ones?
I am running them. Have several very hard canyon runs on them, an autocross, a track day and a large road trip. No warping yet. I am running Porterfield R4S pads.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am running them. Have several very hard canyon runs on them, an autocross, a track day and a large road trip. No warping yet. I am running Porterfield R4S pads.
Good to know. I wonder why they did in my 2016 3IS. The car was heavy as shit 😅. I like your setup on the ES. The best form of flattery is imitation, don’t mind if I do. It’s my daily though so I’m trying to stay away from unnecessary mods ... cars supposed to save my money, not create another reason so spend it hahaha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.