Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been pretty pleased with my ES. Bought the 18 with the premium package and I feel like the navigation or something is slowing down the infotainment system. Sometimes, the backup camera doesn’t come on, and sometimes it stays on even when I’m in drive. I also notice how slow it is going through different menus as well. I’ve had it for about 5 months now and it only has 5k miles on it. I’ve checked for software updates and there doesn’t seem to be one available. Anyone having this type of issue?

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Nope. I do have a base system but it's super speedy. I would try a reset to see if that fixes it. There's a little hole next to the volume knob I believe, just use a paperclip.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the same issue as you, I had the base model car 2 of them both 2018 elantras. Both had buttery smooth infotainment system. After getting my first sport this year as well I experienced the same laggy experience you have. Did hitting the hard reset work for you? I only tried resetting directly in settings

·
Registered
11 Posts
I’ve been pretty pleased with my ES. Bought the 18 with the premium package and I feel like the navigation or something is slowing down the infotainment system. Sometimes, the backup camera doesn’t come on, and sometimes it stays on even when I’m in drive. I also notice how slow it is going through different menus as well. I’ve had it for about 5 months now and it only has 5k miles on it. I’ve checked for software updates and there doesn’t seem to be one available. Anyone having this type of issue?
I have the same issue as you, I had the base model car 2 of them both 2018 elantras. Both had buttery smooth infotainment system. After getting my first sport this year as well I experienced the same laggy experience you have. Did hitting the hard reset work for you? I only tried resetting directly in settings
Sorry forgot to tag

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have this problem as well. When it happens it's only at startup after being left alone for a long time and I slot into R before the Confirm prompt appears. It resolves itself in maximum a minute or so. Sometimes it shows a blank screen in reverse, at other times the camera keeps displaying the images even while going forwards much like a rearview mirror/cam (I thought it would be cool if it was actually a functionality!)
I've noticed that if I wait for the Confirm prompt to appear and then I start using it, there is no problem like this. There is no need to actually tap the Confirm button, it has to just show up which probably means the system has finished its bootup sequence. Maybe it is due to the connected car system which is quite heavy that makes it take such a long time to initialize and be ready. Also if the car has been pinged by Bluelink like when remote started or unlocked, the system usually responds correctly when used.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've noticed that the infotainment is more responsive if I unlock the car with my keyfob about 10-15 seconds before I actually get into it. I've tested with pulling out the navigation SD card, and the infotainment is way more snappy without it. I'm wanting to try testing with imaging the SD card to a faster one, to see if that makes an improvement. I just haven't gotten around to it yet. What I do know however is the card is formatted in a way that Windows won't recognize it (probably Linux formatted, I'm pretty sure our system is Android based) but a imaging tool like Etcher should be able to handle it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.