1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Yes

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have Motul XS-8100 5w40 in my car right now because I had it swapped in because I went to the Dragon and after I use up my 2 free oil changes I'll be going right back to it for sure, no doubt about it!

·
Registered
2,291 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
For my experience on my ES, 5w30 was smoother than 5w40.

I've switched to 5w40 from several OCI ago, it's louder and not quite smooth. No matter the brands were Pennzoil Euro or Motul.

Just changed to 5w30 at last weekend as I still had some remaining oil in three different brand and model oil jags. They were Liqui Moly High Tech (2L), Pennzoil Ultra Platinum (1L) and Pennzoil Platinum (1L). I let my dealer service to blend them together for changing and they just mentioned it's fine for all same grade (5w30). Well, seems my ES liked it more. The smooth and quiet was back again. Although, the TSB also recommended 5w40 but my ES gave me better feeling for 5w30 grading.

As the temperature was just raised to 5 to 6 of these 2 days, I'll compared to below 0 from the coming days.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I haven't really noticed any change in smoothness. Obviously engines will run smoother on lower numbers but at what point do you sacrifice smoothness for overall protection? I'd personally take the protection.

·
Registered
38 Posts
been doing this on a 13' veloster I had since I owned it, using Rotella 5w-40. however, now it looks like castrol edge has a 5w-40 that should work, and probably switch to that.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Walmart has castrol 5w40 for a decent price. I just saw rural king has their brand harvest king synthetic for a great price. Supposedly it's made by citgo. Anyone tried it yet? The youtube guy project farm did a good oil review and pennzoil platinum got high Mark's and they make 5w40 but I cant seem to find it anywhere.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm a new owner of a 2020 Elantra Sport. I have the three free oil changes coming up, but I always do my first oil change at 500 miles to get the crap shavings out quickly. I also own a 2020 Jag E-pace, and Jaguar recommends Castro Edge Professional, so that's what's going to live in the Elantra as well, in 5w40 fashion.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts