Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

With radio manufacturers recently announcing wireless Android Auto radio units, I was curious if there was an update for our radios. I purchased my ES in March 2017 which came with the 7" screen.

I found the following site but 1) only the 2017 Elantra is listed and 2) what does this update provide?

https://www.hyundaisoftwareupgrade.ca/

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Enter your vin. When I put mine in, it said my car was not eligible.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Mine was accepted, downloaded, and going to try now, will report back...

Side note: Hyundai Canada has balls for bandwidth, have yet to break 3MB/s on any attempt, and it re-downloads it each time you create a USB with it. File is 1.6GB.

Update 1: Downloads fine, creates USB fine, car doesn't see the update but knows there is a USB inserted, with no media files.
Update 2: Different USB drive, head unit now displays error, "Please check the update memory and try again." Trying 3rd USB drive.
Update 3: 3 different USB drives, none update the head unit.

It really doesn't need to be this much of a chore to do, despite having one of the best functioning head unit MMI's in the industry, this is anything but a pleasure to do.

Update 4: Digging around in the files, the update.ini has a software version of AD.CAN.0000.V074.161102, while the one on my head unit is AD.CAN.0000.V075.160721, which anyone with even the base level of 'software know how' would assume its actually newer installed on my car. Verified by the fact all the files in the package are dated from November of 2016...

My Friday nights are pretty exciting, I know.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you already have Android Auto And Apple Car Play... You don't need the update. I do believe it's adding Apple Car Play only.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi guys,

With radio manufacturers recently announcing wireless Android Auto radio units, I was curious if there was an update for our radios. I purchased my ES in March 2017 which came with the 7" screen.

I found the following site but 1) only the 2017 Elantra is listed and 2) what does this update provide?

https://www.hyundaisoftwareupgrade.ca/

Thanks in advance!
This is what I get when trying to go to that site: " The owner of www.hyundaisoftwareupgrade.ca has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website." If its really Hyundai then I hope they make our cars better than web sites! :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts