Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading on car and driver that the sonata eco with the detuned 1.6t is very close to the 2.0t as far as straight line performance, I have been dying from disbelief. Last week it was proven to me. I had a late start but somehow managed to slowly catch up to and pass one, going up a long steep hill in the middle of nowhere from a 20mph roll.

Turns out not everything with 4 exhaust pipes is fast.

Why are those things so unimpressive? With an extra 44 horsepower the 300lb difference shouldn't be that dramatic.

·
Registered
248 Posts
After reading on car and driver that the sonata eco with the detuned 1.6t is very close to the 2.0t as far as straight line performance, I have been dying from disbelief. Last week it was proven to me. I had a late start but somehow managed to slowly catch up to and pass one, going up a long steep hill in the middle of nowhere from a 20mph roll.

Why are those things so unimpressive? With an extra 44 horsepower the 300lb difference shouldn't be that dramatic.
It weighs several hundred pounds more, thats basically where it's all lost, power to weight.

I test drove a MY2016 Sonata 2.0T (when seeking to buy)and I thought at the time it was as-good-as-even with the Elantra.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

It weighs several hundred pounds more, thats basically where it's all lost, power to weight.

I test drove a MY2016 Sonata 2.0T (when seeking to buy)and I thought at the time it was as-good-as-even with the Elantra.
Looking back, the car and driver times for the sonata eco are actually faster than the sonata 2.0T by a hair. Kind of ironic... They look good though!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.