Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I'm currently an owner of a 2010 elantra gl that I want to immediately replace with a 2017-2018 ES, but I never had experience haggling or anything to do with car purchases. In your opinion should I buy new or used? If I buy new what do you guys thing I should be entitled to when purchasing from a dealer and what I should aim for when it comes to payments etc. (Yes I'm a resident of Canada I dunno if that helps)

Thank you

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you can find a CPO (certified pre owned) car I personally think this is best as your dollar goes further. I believe you get a bump in bumper to bumper coverage as well. Hyundai's lose their value pretty quickly so save your money your upfront and go used.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah so far there isn't anything in Ottawa where I live when it comes to dealers because nobody let's go of these cars as far as I can tell, even on kijiji the closest one is in Toronto and that's a lease take over. I'll defiantly keep my eye out on the dealers website. Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’m in Vancouver and will be going in next week to make a purchase. I’ll let you know how it goes. I, going to the dealer closes to my house but they have 499 doc fee and 599 finance fee. Another dealership contacted me because I did the unhaggle thing he said if that doesn’t work out go to them, they only have 300 doc fee and will give best price. We will see.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A friend of mine told me aside from those fees you can ask for free winter tires and rims (make sure with the sensors) and remote starter or you will walk out while you do your paper work. But he says go to a volume dealer which ussually consists of dealers that spend alot on ads. And thanks I look forward to hearing from you.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi all

I'm currently an owner of a 2010 elantra gl that I want to immediately replace with a 2017-2018 ES, but I never had experience haggling or anything to do with car purchases. In your opinion should I buy new or used? If I buy new what do you guys thing I should be entitled to when purchasing from a dealer and what I should aim for when it comes to payments etc. (Yes I'm a resident of Canada I dunno if that helps)

Thank you
If you opt for a new car I recommend getting the invoice price from Unhaggle.com before contacting any dealers. I bought my car from a dealer who emailed me the actual invoice for the car I wanted. The figures were identical to the info provided by Unhaggle.

Beware of packages that dealers may automatically include in the list price of a new car. All the dealers I contacted included wheel locks and etching in accessory packages that added about $600 to the price of the car! If you don't want such a package you can decline it (as I did).

BTW, Hyundai Canada currently has a $1000 discount for a cash purchase of an ES and a $500 discount for financing. Even if you don't want to "haggle" you should get that discount (plus the savings from declining a dealer's "mandatory" accessory package).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.