Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
If you are going for looks then go for it! If you are going for performance then these may make it worse.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Don't get the 15mm because the stock bolts will most likely be too long and not allow your rims to sit flush with the spacers. At that point there is nothing you can do other than replacing the studs or cutting them, both being a bad idea. Go with 20mm spacers all around, it should clear fine. You have enough room on the outside to push the wheels out that far, you won't have any issues like rubbing, etc. The wheels will sit flush with fenders with 20mm spacers and will look great.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Don't get the 15mm because the stock bolts will most likely be too long and not allow your rims to sit flush with the spacers. At that point there is nothing you can do other than replacing the studs or cutting them, both being a bad idea. Go with 20mm spacers all around, it should clear fine. You have enough room on the outside to push the wheels out that far, you won't have any issues like rubbing, etc. The wheels will sit flush with fenders with 20mm spacers and will look great.
Normally I would disagree with a 35mm offset, but on a 7.5" wide wheel should be near perfect.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I know what you mean. Honestly, I am not a huge fan of big spacers, but if that's the only way to get the flush look, then it's fine as long as you get quality spacers, not some cheap ones. The op has no other choice really. Either 20mm or get 15 with replacement studs and that's a ton of work! And still won't be flush, wasted effort.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am looking to get spacers for my ES and was looking to see if you had got your spacers and if so what size and do you have any pictures? Not really sure how big of a spacer I should go with.
I haven't done anything yet...hoping to get moving on it next month.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am wanting to go this route as well for I like the stock wheels. I was thinking of going 20mm but I am wondering if the stock studs might be to long. I don't want to replace or cut down the oem studs.

·
Registered
188 Posts
The best bet will be to get a set of spacers with new studs already pressed into them. It's what I did on my Focus ST and Fusion. As long as you get the torque specs right all around and check them periodically there's nothing to worry about.

From what it sounds like on the ES Facebook group, not all 16s seem to fit correctly so I might consider a set of spacers both for looks and to ensure that my snow setup will fit.

·
Registered
32 Posts
or this with 5mm spacers....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
On stock wheels, I would personally run ~10-15mm.

·
Registered
32 Posts
On stock wheels, I would personally run ~10-15mm.
the problem with that is i dont feel like cutting my stock studs off.... or installing longer stud, and im just too lazy for that, dont you have to pop your ball joints to do that? :confused:

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
the problem with that is i dont feel like cutting my stock studs off.... or installing longer stud, and im just too lazy for that, dont you have to pop your ball joints to do that? :confused:
No idea.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Anyone doing 15mm and knows what is to be done? I think 20mm is too far out.
Studs need to be cut or you need to run shorter ones to make anything below 20mm work.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry to bump old thread, I have 18mm spacers (technically 3mm behind the rotors and 15mm hub-centric on the outside) on the front of my i30/EGT, with 18x8 +45 wheels. The front of the EGT is more forgiving than the rear, I don't think I could run much more on the rear than what I've already got with the 18x8+45 wheels alone.

It's also worth noting that I had to cut my studs even with 18mm worth of spacing on the front... I also don't like running a +30 offset because my scrub radius is drastically different now and torque steer and tram-lining both got noticeably worse

Ideally I'll be getting a different wheel that clears my brembos without spacers. Perhaps 18x8.5 or 18x9 +40 for the front (then I can run a 255/35R18 too)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts