Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you use these upgraded race plugs on a stock vehicle and will it help or hurt it? If your running a little more boost than stock should you change to these colder plugs? I have the aFe piggy back module that's increasing the boost and I have the hot side pipe. Just want to know if hks 40, 45's are worth me adding to the ES?

·
Registered
288 Posts
I’ve been using th m45xl on my stock tune and it runs fine. Just been trying to sort out issues with my tune so I have to use my stock ECU.

Shouldn’t run into any issues

·
Registered
288 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Which of the two (40 or 45) are 'hotter', I live in Aus and am looking at doing pro-active maintenance and changing plugs soon anyway, plus reading here it might help smooth out the jerky part-throttle acceleration (along with an IRD). Anyway, lowest temps here ever are 0-5 degrees C and summer is hot like 38-43 at the hottest, so never sub zero temps and often warm, which plug would suit that climate best and possibly handle a stage 0/0+/1 tune down the line?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.