Elantra Sport Forum banner

Splitter Removal

5K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  Jrazor71 
#1 ·
Looking to paint from splitter/diffuser, plastidip doesn't cut it for me. I noticed there was something holding it in, is it removable?

What about the Diffuser

#5 ·
For the diffuser I am assuming I'll have to take off my bumper, anyone have any idea how to do so
4 screws also, you can do it with the bumper still on the car, just remove the belly pan. 7 screws and around 10 clips and it pops out.

Reactions: LeeZep84
#16 ·
Well finally got to taking the lower grill and lower deflector off haven’t got parts yet but can’t stand looking at it busted
Found that the lower strip of the bumper cover is broke on one end, ouch and the lower shield is missing the front two holes from the damn raccoons and that is what holds up the middle of the deflector well anyway I’m gonna fix the broken bumper cover and replace the rest minus the lower deflector it is fine
Gonna try and repair the strip on the bottom and the strip and put deflector back on to support the lower bumper cover strip(shitty design by the way) and attach to repaired lower shield till the parts come in will post a pic

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.