Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone up in the cold weather find their bushing to be really squeaky? Figure its par for the course, I am just hoping nothing is wrong.

Mostly happens when the suspension is not stable like turning into a sharp incline.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Not sure if it's the bushings or the suspension, but I 've noticed when turning a corner and the road is bumpy that there is a squeaking noise coming from the rear. It is cold hear in Winnipeg and the roads suck for the most part. I didn't notice this in the warmer weather however.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am having the same problem. The noise started in the cold weather, but it has warmed up and the noise is still prevalent as ever. Taking my car in for repair in a couple weeks. I took it to the dealer last weekend, and they needed more time to take it apart and figure out what's wrong. They basically warned me there's a good possibility they won't be able to isolate the problem (and can't justify throwing parts at the car).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Eji5LdKXig_WWKEQFXWT6q0cFThDu8rj/view?usp=sharing
UPDATED LINK

Does this noise sound familiar?

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Pulled into work this morning and when I turn the wheel it makes one wicked squeaking noise. We're in the low 30's (F) and this is the first time I have heard it. Hmm.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am having the same problem. The noise started in the cold weather, but it has warmed up and the noise is still prevalent as ever. Taking my car in for repair in a couple weeks. I took it to the dealer last weekend, and they needed more time to take it apart and figure out what's wrong. They basically warned me there's a good possibility they won't be able to isolate the problem (and can't justify throwing parts at the car).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Eji5LdKXig_WWKEQFXWT6q0cFThDu8rj/view?usp=sharing
UPDATED LINK

Did you find out what that thumping noise is? My wife's sport is now making that same noise. :/

Edit: Nevermind, I found the Noisy Suspension thread.

·
Registered
1 Posts

IMG_7955.MOV
UPDATED LINK

Yes the same exact sound! And it sounds like something is creaking when I reverse

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.