Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I did a search and could only find gap for tuned cars which shows .28

I need to replace the plugs on my 18 Sport which is stock and wanted to confirm that it needs to be .32?

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya know, this brings me to my next question. According to the maintenance schedule it says to replace the plugs at 21k miles under severe schedule. I've never had to replace plugs this soon especially with them being Iridium. However I do not want to risk losing powertrain warranty. I live in Mesa which as you know R1600 it's hot as **** here. With car being stock and driven here in Phoenix do you think I need to even bother with swapping them this soon?

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Ya know, this brings me to my next question. According to the maintenance schedule it says to replace the plugs at 21k miles under severe schedule. I've never had to replace plugs this soon especially with them being Iridium. However I do not want to risk losing powertrain warranty. I live in Mesa which as you know R1600 it's hot as **** here. With car being stock and driven here in Phoenix do you think I need to even bother with swapping them this soon?
That's all up to you. Might be able to do 30k. My car is tuned so I've already swapped them out (a couple times) but I'm picky with how the car runs and will go through a set of plugs in ~15k.

·
Registered
140 Posts
That's all up to you. Might be able to do 30k. My car is tuned so I've already swapped them out (a couple times) but I'm picky with how the car runs and will go through a set of plugs in ~15k.

What does LAP3 recommend for when we should change the HKS?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts