Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any idea what the stock spring rates are on the ES? All I know is that the Australian ES-equivalent (SR Turbo) has specially tuned suspension, probably with different damping levels and spring rates. Not much detail available from there. Would really appreciate it if anyone could share this info!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Here's all I have been able to find so far:

Front Stabilizer Bar: 24mm (base Elantra's is 22mm)
Rear Stabilizer: 15mm (base Elantra does not have one, has torsion beam rear suspension)
Front Spring Rate: +14% higher
Rear Spring Rate: +22% higher
Front / Rear Dampers: +30% higher

Source: https://www.hyundaiusa.com/about-hyundai/news/Corporate_2017_HYUNDAI_ELANTRA_SPORT_BRINGS_EXCITEMENT_TO_THE_DAILY_DRIVE-20161101.aspx

If we can find out what the base Elantra rates are then we'll be in business.

·
Registered
131 Posts
It seems to me that a "typical" compact car will have rates in the 175-200 in/lb neighborhood. I would assume the "base" Elantra to be in that window as well...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's all I have been able to find so far:

Front Stabilizer Bar: 24mm (base Elantra's is 22mm)
Rear Stabilizer: 15mm (base Elantra does not have one, has torsion beam rear suspension)
Front Spring Rate: +14% higher
Rear Spring Rate: +22% higher
Front / Rear Dampers: +30% higher

Source: https://www.hyundaiusa.com/about-hyundai/news/Corporate_2017_HYUNDAI_ELANTRA_SPORT_BRINGS_EXCITEMENT_TO_THE_DAILY_DRIVE-20161101.aspx

If we can find out what the base Elantra rates are then we'll be in business.
Thanks for the response - I came across that data as well but they aren't very helpful. It seems that there are a few coilover kits available in the marker but no mention of spring rates oddly enough.

It seems to me that a "typical" compact car will have rates in the 175-200 in/lb neighborhood. I would assume the "base" Elantra to be in that window as well...
I agree. But without the exact spring rate as a baseline, it's really difficult to compare coilover or lowering springs :confused:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone who managed to find out any information about this? It seems that even lowering springs and coilover system offerings omit that information.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts