Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. So im going to town today and outta my pure paranoia i decide i should go check my tire pressure. So i stopped into our local gm dealer (only dealer within 50 miles. ). And borrowed their gauge to check my tires and as im checking them i start to notice where my sidewall ends and tread begins ih have 50 or so. ( estimating). Splits around the tire splitting with the gaps in the tread some minor. A cpl quite deep and long. Took it to stealership the first guy was hmm thats no big deal. Second guy was agreeing with me saying that no way 3000 kms on them and only 2 years since manufactured. They shoild be rotted/splitting. So i have 4 replacement tires on their way. We both found it odd to be on all 4 tires has anyone else exp this problem? Or did i just get a faulty set of tires? I will throw some pics up once im home from work.

·
Registered
106 Posts
my last car bought it new, drove 3 years while having another set of winter tires for winter use. the stock Michelle tire starts to cracking in the middle and one of them actually cracked wide open. I was lucky I caught that while trying to switch back to them from winter tires.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Huh ok so not just mine. Mine was the noble hancook ones gotta be a faulty batch cause they split big and split fast like literally a week and it was perfect tire to splittin everywherw looks like i run over a load of razor blades def wasnt happy be 3 rd 130 km round trip to dealership in 3 weeks

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Huh ok so not just mine. Mine was the noble hancook ones gotta be a faulty batch cause they split big and split fast like literally a week and it was perfect tire to splittin everywherw looks like i run over a load of razor blades def wasnt happy be 3 rd 130 km round trip to dealership in 3 weeks
Pretty sure he was talking about a different car. All Sports come with Hankooks as far as I am aware.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just a thought for what its worth, as you will soon have new tires. Its the time to consider changing to different better tires at the least cost possible. If that's of interest, check out local tire shops to see what trade in value they would give for the new tires. For example I paid $ 400- including tax difference for Dunlop Signature HPs and my Hankooks had 1,500 kms on them at the time. There's at least one other thread in here about it, forgot which ones though.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Doug that sounds like a good idea i never thought of. Only im in a rural town where only i think two tire retailers except cad tire etc so dont know if i have that option to trade in towards better tires .. is our stock tires that bad?

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Just a thought for what its worth, as you will soon have new tires. Its the time to consider changing to different better tires at the least cost possible. If that's of interest, check out local tire shops to see what trade in value they would give for the new tires. For example I paid $ 400- including tax difference for Dunlop Signature HPs and my Hankooks had 1,500 kms on them at the time. There's at least one other thread in here about it, forgot which ones though.
If they know they are cracked though, I doubt they will give him much of anything for the trade-in.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.