Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can’t seem to find the right aftermarket rear shocks for my 2017 sport. Any recommendations? Also do the 2018 shock fit the ‘17?

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
17-20 all fit. Can also use the 19+ GT N-Line shocks (revised tuning) and 19+ Veloster Turbo shocks. Why do you need them?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
17-20 all fit. Can also use the 19+ GT N-Line shocks (revised tuning) and 19+ Veloster Turbo shocks. Why do you need them?
The original ones seem to be sagging. I didn’t notice at first. But I got new wheels, that have a slightly lower offset. So the they sticks out about !/4”. I am still using the same tires. But the wheel rubs a little, when I hit a bump. If I jack it up And set it back down, there is a good 1 1/2” clearance. But after I drive it. The backend drops down about an 1 1/4”. I figured maybe the shocks might be going out. I just want the back end to be higher. Either way, any help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
The original ones seem to be sagging. I didn’t notice at first. But I got new wheels, that have a slightly lower offset. So the they sticks out about !/4”. I am still using the same tires. But the wheel rubs a little, when I hit a bump. If I jack it up And set it back down, there is a good 1 1/2” clearance. But after I drive it. The backend drops down about an 1 1/4”. I figured maybe the shocks might be going out. I just want the back end to be higher. Either way, any help is greatly appreciated
Suspension will do that when you have the car in the air and put it down. At first it will be slightly higher but after you drive around it will setting back into place. Springs control the ride height, not the shocks. You can try adding some more camber in the back to clear the fenders. Unfortunately you can't fit a lot of wheel in the fenders of these cars without some additional work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Suspension will do that when you have the car in the air and put it down. At first it will be slightly higher but after you drive around it will setting back into place. Springs control the ride height, not the shocks. You can try adding some more camber in the back to clear the fenders. Unfortunately you can't fit a lot of wheel in the fenders of these cars without some additional work.
How would I change the camber? Can you point me to some YouTube videos?

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
How would I change the camber? Can you point me to some YouTube videos?
Eccentric bolts on the lower control arms. Usually an alignment shop can do it, just have to request it.

Reactions: Davnumber2
1 - 7 of 7 Posts