Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at picking up a 2018 ES, coming from a 2012 Elantra GLS.
I'm curious/concerned about the ride, it's hard to quantify it, but how much stiffer/rougher is it going to be than the standard Elantra?

·
Registered
10 Posts
It funny, its stiff enough to be sporty, but it handles bumps and holes really well still. Its like the best of both worlds. I came from a 2005 Mazda 3 sport (fun little car with a stiffer than average smallish-sedan class suspension) and i think the Elantra Sport's suspension is just as stiff, but also more refined and comfortable. You will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Test drive it. That will give you the best answer. Everyone's opinions on the internet are going to vary greatly.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm looking at picking up a 2018 ES, coming from a 2012 Elantra GLS.
I'm curious/concerned about the ride, it's hard to quantify it, but how much stiffer/rougher is it going to be than the standard Elantra?
My parents own and I used to drive the 2013 Elantra we have for a bit and I can say the suspension on the 2013 is really soft and mushy. The Elantra sport is going to be a way stiffer ride but it handles so much better, but it can be too stiff for some people. So like people above me said you have to go on a extended test drive to find out for yourself

·
Registered
2018 Hyundai Elantra Sport DCT w/TECH
327 Posts
As a former owner of 2015 Elantra GLS manual, ride quality is a night and day comparison. Yes, it is stiffer, but it is not Golf GTI or Focus RS level of teeth breaking stiffness. The suspension wonderfully eats all the road bumps, except for the smallest ones. You will feel every minor crack of the road, but at same time you will not experience rear end fish-tailing of MD generation of Elantra. For me, it is fine, but as previously mentioned, do go for a longer test drive and judge it by yourself. I do not regret my purchase.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts