Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I live in Chicagoland, where it does get cold but its relative because I know a lot of you guys and Canucks and are laughing right now, LOL! That said, I had this installed mid-October and went on a road trip to the Tail of the Dragon, about 600 miles one way and after the trip down I checked my catch can and it had maybe an ounce, no problem as its warmer down there, even when I got home, after another 1500 miles it had maybe 2-3 ounces. On November 1st it was emptied and I said I would check it once a month, well, 2 weeks later, after the temps went down quickly and we got a couple rounds of snow, I checked it after 2 weeks and it was about 20% full, the usual crème and coffee look along with some thicker white stuff. Once I saw this I couldn't be happier with my purchase, I don't want that sh!t floating around inside my engine...anywhere!

The quality of the unit is amazing, you get what you pay for, so, you guys up North, how often do you empty your catch cans?

Reactions: Voodoo Idol

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I empty mine every oil change (~3500 miles) and there's usually about a tablespoon in there. But I live in a warm dry climate so condensation isn't much of an issue. It has been cooler and wet this week so I plan on checking it soon.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I picked a dual can up in person from SXTH while I was on vacation in the area. Nice people too. Put mine on my GT N-Line before it hit 1000 miles.

Well, even if you live where its cold, a dual catch can should be able to go about 2 months without needing to be emptied.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Well, even if you live where its cold, a dual catch can should be able to go about 2 months without needing to be emptied.
Maybe. I've seen them needing to be emptied much sooner than that due to condensation. I would personally check it once a week, two tops.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since it was installed the 2nd week of Oct of 2019, I have about 2/3's of a 20 ounce diet Mt. Dew bottle filled with "crap" from the catchcan, can't imagine that sh!t inside my engine or anywhere else!

Reactions: BH107

·
Registered
2018 Elantra Sport 6MT
2 Posts
The dual catchcan is definitely first on my list! Picked up the car used at 27k.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts