Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month ago I installed the Sxth Element Engineering Short Ram Intake. In summary, I'm very happy with it. Installation was very easy with the instructions provided by Sxth. Mark Charles (owner) was very helpful with any questions I had.

From a driving standpoint, it's hard to feel any performance gain. I'm sure I gained more horsepower but I can't feel it on the butt dyno. Not knocking Sxth at all, it's just a characteristic of an intake - you won't notice a huge performance increase.

On to the sound - OMG. It sounds amazing. Roll your windows down, get into boost and it'll sound awesome. The sound of the turbo induction and the BPV releasing air is just amazing. It puts a smile on my face every time I drive the car, even a month after install.

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
@boostedonesix Did you notice any impact on mileage - overall and during "spirited" driving? Also, was the sound for normal, everyday driving or highway cruising, noticeably louder? The car is loud enough at highway speeds as it is...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't noticed any difference in mileage. The intake sound is dependent on how much gas you're giving it. If you're just cruising, you won't hear the intake at all. If you're accelerating, you'll hear the sucking sound and when you let off the gas, you'll hear the pshhh sound. I really like how it sounds.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks! That sounds like a decent mod as I'm coming from a Triumph Speed Triple with a GP style pipe so appreciate the extra noise on acceleration.

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
My mileage surprisingly improved with the intake installed. I went from averaging (according to the dash display, which I know is off) from about 32mpg average to 34mpg average.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I can confirm through feully app Ive lost an average of 2mpg after install. Was 34.5 before after is 32.3.

Has anyone else noticed less backfire/pops after install of intake?

·
Registered
12 Posts
It seems I gained a tiny bit of MPG with the shorty big gulp intake, in the area of 0.5 MPG. I mostly do city driving, and i get around 26 mpg on average there. A little bit of interstate i climb up to 34-35.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts