Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so just ordered SXTH Hot Pipe Kit & Intake, keeping BPV & Breather.... I havent seen really anything on the hot pipe upgrade im assuming people are just using the Resonator Delete or flat out swapping FMIC. Car is completely stock, think i will need a tune or any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Don't really need a tune but you will eventually reach a point (usually ~10-15hp more than stock) where nothing else will give any gains as the stock limiters will stop the fun. At that point to get any more you will need the tune.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just installed the same parts on my GT Sport. Driveability is definitely improved, I don't notice any hunting / surging on partial throttle like I was having stock at times. I can't say that I notice much of a bump in overall power, but it does seem to breath a little easier up top -- I'm sure a dyno would show some gains.

Curious what your seat of the pants impression will be after installing. Also curious what you think of the hot pipe connection right out of the turbo. Seemed to me like there should've been an extra bend in the pipe to make the silicone coupler a little less stretched but that might be the norm for this sort of application.

Take some time to wipe out the inside of the pipes -- my intake pipe had a fair bit of debris/shavings on the inside surface.

trey

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts