Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would throw this together since they are rarely on here. I was given permission to share the photos. This intake will utilize a full silicone intake tube, metal box, velocity stack, AEM dry flow filter, and a plastic snorkel tube. The box top will be available in either clear plexiglass or carbon fiber. The main selling points of this intake are high flow, coolest air (when combined with the Velossa Tech Big Mouth) and quieter operation than a standard short ram intake. Price point under $400, putting it in line with similar offerings from AFE.

·
Registered
19 Posts
They told me this was still a ways out so I bought a SXTH SRI instead. I love turbo whoosh noises, so I'm hoping this new intake is real quiet so I'm not compelled to upgrade. It looks beautiful though.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They told me this was still a ways out so I bought a SXTH SRI instead. I love turbo whoosh noises, so I'm hoping this new intake is real quiet so I'm not compelled to upgrade. It looks beautiful though.
The main point of this box is to reduce noises. So if you want them, not ideal to purchase.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It looks like it will also reduce intake air temp and it is visually impressive. And they may not have succeeded at reducing noise very much, which would disappoint some people and please others. Are there even any baffles?
Enclosed box + silicone tube will reduce noise quite a bit. Baffles just reduce airflow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.