Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am planning on getting a tune, yall think I should get a spare ecu tune from lap3 or head on down to south carolina and get a dyno tune from sxth for 500$ cheaper, and I dont have to get a spare ECU. In the end its my decision but im all ears for opinion!

·
Registered
2020 ES/DCT
27 Posts
if you are not concerned with warranty then go with the dyno tune
every engine is a tiny bit different so getting a tune specific to your engine is going to be better overall

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
As someone that had a Lap3 tune (that had misfire issues, among other things) and now runs a SXTH tune, do youself a favor and drive down to see them. A dyno tune is always superior to a flash tune or any piggyback. And their tuner Nathan is a genius.

Reactions: mone

·
Super Moderator
1,191 Posts
I did a remote street tune with SXTH and I have to say I love my tune! You have to rent the tuning hardware and you get 6 revisions. It works like this:

You set up the Torque app and set a number of items to be datalogged. Then you download your stock tune and send it to Nathan along with datalogging for a few 3rd gear pulls. He then sends you his first tune revision which you flash to your ECU. You go through this procedure to datalogging, emailing, and flashing 5 more times. Make sure you communicate what the tune feels like and anything you think feels odd or not quite right after each revision and that gives Nathan some additional data to work from. I don't have dyno numbers but I can say that the drivability is outstanding and this thing pulls like a beast at 23 PSI.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All, I'm planning to Dyno tune my Elantra sport 18'. Can anyone provide their personal experience so far in terms of reliability after the tune?

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Hi All, I'm planning to Dyno tune my Elantra sport 18'. Can anyone provide their personal experience so far in terms of reliability after the tune?
Depends on who you go with for the tune. Assuming the tune is good, shouldn't have any issues. A few things are recommended when making that leap: 5w40 oil (should do this with or without a tune), catch cans, and upgrade the electronic boost control solenoid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts