1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I love those tips but I only want one side.

·
Registered
228 Posts
The problem with this quad tip style is that you do have to cut your bumper for the other side. I contacted some seller about one of these. As of now, there is no quad tip diffuser you can buy. Don't know about you, but I don't think I'd attempt cutting it myself. Other than that, this exhaust is perfect visually! Not sure about the sound though, there is a clip online, i wasn't sold.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Also, similar tips to those can be found at most muffler shops. They got really nice stainless slanted cut ones for anyone who wants a custom exhaust. I still recommend doing your own system for now with a straight through kind of muffler. Nothing on the market worth buying yet.

·
Registered
228 Posts
If you went with unrestricted straight-through mufflers, you could technically have the same amount of backpressure as with single and not lose any hp. I am tempted convert mine into quad tip. That look is just awesome.

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
You don't want backpressure. Backpressure is the bane of turbos, which is why you want an exhaust to be as straight and unrestricted as possible. The more bends you add, the less power you'll have. Add 2 more exhaust ports means 2 more completely unnecessary bends, and reducing power. No way around that. Even if there were no mufflers involved it would make less power than a single exit exhaust with no muffler.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts