Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’ll start off by saying the manual trans in my 2018 GT Sport is very nearly the best manual transmission I have ever had the pleasure to drive.

However, I am sometimes annoyed by a slightly crunchy 2-3 shift when it’s cold. I’m also still getting used to the speed that the revs drop. I feel like I’m taking off with a twin disk sometimes. hahaha.

I will end up with a short shifter at some point, just because I like a shorter throw, although I’m in no real hurry since the stock shifter is so good.

I’m probably in the minority here, but I even love the ridiculously childish red shift knob. haha

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
It's a good shifter from the factory (assuming yours is the same as the sedan which I am 99.99% sure it is) but it can be made WAY better with SXTH's solid bushings (shifter base & cable ends). I also have the factory B&M short shifter and it's the best **** thing since sliced bread. :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a good shifter from the factory (assuming yours is the same as the sedan which I am 99.99% sure it is) but it can be made WAY better with SXTH's solid bushings (shifter base & cable ends). I also have the factory B&M short shifter and it's the best **** thing since sliced bread. /forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
Sounds like that’s a purchase I need to make. :)

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Sounds like that’s a purchase I need to make. :)
Just beware that factory shifter is from a Kia Soul and they are really hard to find. There's also one from an older Sonata that can be used and is even harder to find than the Kia one. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts