Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’ll start off by saying the manual trans in my 2018 GT Sport is very nearly the best manual transmission I have ever had the pleasure to drive.

However, I am sometimes annoyed by a slightly crunchy 2-3 shift when it’s cold. I’m also still getting used to the speed that the revs drop. I feel like I’m taking off with a twin disk sometimes. hahaha.

I will end up with a short shifter at some point, just because I like a shorter throw, although I’m in no real hurry since the stock shifter is so good.

I’m probably in the minority here, but I even love the ridiculously childish red shift knob. haha

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
It's a good shifter from the factory (assuming yours is the same as the sedan which I am 99.99% sure it is) but it can be made WAY better with SXTH's solid bushings (shifter base & cable ends). I also have the factory B&M short shifter and it's the best **** thing since sliced bread. :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a good shifter from the factory (assuming yours is the same as the sedan which I am 99.99% sure it is) but it can be made WAY better with SXTH's solid bushings (shifter base & cable ends). I also have the factory B&M short shifter and it's the best **** thing since sliced bread. /forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
Sounds like that’s a purchase I need to make. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.