Elantra Sport Forum banner

The new CPLT SXTH intake...who's getting one.

8K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  R1600Turbo 
#1 ·
So I ordered mine this morning, been waiting for this! I ordered mine with the plexiglass top, red filter and BPV not capped. Based off their dyno numbers I'm pretty happy with the results (12 hp & 14 lb ft)

This is a high quality piece and being new here and what I've learned from the past is this, buy quality made products and you'll have no regrets or go chasing the next latest and greatest.

So just curious as to who's in on this, pre-order saves you some $$$$as well:)

#3 ·
I'm not sure about the gains, they showed a dyno graph on the page for it. The price on the pre-order is $437 if you spec it out like I did. Looking forward to getting an email notification for when it ships out!

#10 ·
Well, I'm not on FB and have never spoken to Mark but have gotten emails from them, it was about this intake and I felt right away that I had made the right call here as I wanna do this once and that's it, same for the exhaust system. Speaking of that, the system's I've looked at (SXTH, JUN B.L and Torcon) are somewhat pretty close in price as I'm probably going to be adding a muffler to mine unless I can hear and hopefully drive in an ES with a stock exhaust and muffler delete and go from there.

The advantage of buying from a smaller company is quality control and customer service, so we'll see how the intake goes as its my first experience with SXTH as well as my first mod for my car;)

#11 ·
Well, I'm not on FB and have never spoken to Mark but have gotten emails from them, it was about this intake and I felt right away that I had made the right call here as I wanna do this once and that's it, same for the exhaust system. Speaking of that, the system's I've looked at (SXTH, JUN B.L and Torcon) are somewhat pretty close in price as I'm probably going to be adding a muffler to mine unless I can hear and hopefully drive in an ES with a stock exhaust and muffler delete and go from there.

The advantage of buying from a smaller company is quality control and customer service, so we'll see how the intake goes as its my first experience with SXTH as well as my first mod for my car/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif
SXTH makes top notch products!

#13 ·
No worries, I have their sway bar (and the useless locks they never delivered a promised fix for), shifter cable bushings, breather delete, and weighted shift knob. I supported a local muffler shop for my muffler delete. I went with shark racing's intake because it can use the factory air box but I currently have it hooked up to Torque's pod filter adapter.

I'm obviously new here so can you elaborate on the rear sway bar, its something I've done to several of my cars.

#17 ·
They sold locks for their sway bar that didn't fit. They promised a fix so I didn't return mine. They never delivered a fix. My sway bar hasn't moved so it's moot but I felt like a sucker for paying twentysomething bucks for bits of aluminum too small to use as paperweights.
Have you tried, say, messaging them and asking for a return/refund?

#18 ·
So I received an email from SXTH today because I asked about a rough idea as to when the intake ships out, we live in an apartment right now and I wanna keep an extra eye out for the delivery. I was told about 2-3 weeks, looking forward to getting this for my car:cool:

#19 ·
***UPDATE***

My SXTH CPLT, along with the IC resonator delete pipe, shipped out on Monday, its going to be delivered here TOMORROW! My mechanic is on vacation till Friday and its supposed to be in the low to mid 90's and storms starting tomorrow, so I'm going to have to wait but I've waited this long, what's a couple more days. I'd like to thank Tanner for staying in contact with me during the entire process, even though I'm "that guy" who isn't on FaceSpace, he answered emails when he had the time I never felt uncomfortable during the entire process.

I feel these mods, combined with my recent JUN BL axle-back, are going to wake this car up a bit, maybe not like a LAP3 but enough to keep me happy for quite some time I'm sure!

#20 ·
I feel these mods, combined with my recent JUN BL axle-back, are going to wake this car up a bit, maybe not like a LAP3 but enough to keep me happy for quite some time I'm sure!
Keep in mind with the stock tune the car will only gain between 10-15whp before the power limiters kick in on the stock ECU. So it's something but you may not feel much.

#22 ·
BTW, my SXTH Element CPLT and intercooler resonator delete pipe arrived today, now we just need some cooler weather to install it, been real hot here lately and supposed to storm possibly over the weekend. If I've waited this long I can surely wait a little longer! Tanner was great to work with during this entire process and kept me up to date, even though I'm not on FB. Shipping was very quick and it even was delivered right outside our apartment door, very cool!

BTW I gave SXTH Element a shout out on The Rag Company's podcast this afternoon which airs live on YouTube, apparently one of the guys on the show has an Elantra! I posted what I drive and what's been done to it and they read it out to everyone, so there's a nice plug for Tanner and the guys from SXTH.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.