Elantra Sport Forum banner

81 - 100 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
YES- this has worked out for me the past four times pulled over. Didn't give attitude, fessed up to my mistake, and every time its a warning.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Do you have pictures from straight on at the back ad well as down the side of the poke? And do you know how much the wheel DOES poke out of the arch? I'm looking at the same wheel specs but am afraid of poking too much for my own liking
Here you go!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do you have pictures from straight on at the back ad well as down the side of the poke? And do you know how much the wheel DOES poke out of the arch? I'm looking at the same wheel specs but am afraid of poking too much for my own liking
Here you go!

That's a lot of camber. Did you have to set it that way for it to sit right or is that just how it sits lowered?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #84 (Edited)
That's what happens when you lower this car (or any car). The wheels always camber in, more in the rear due to the design. There are no camber kits yet for the rear. I am not even that low, that pic is a bit deceiving, probably an uneven parking spot. My front camber is adjustable and sits at around - 1, the back is around - 2. I'd want it close to 0 ideally all around as I don't like the look of camber anymore. And I don't need any camber to clear these wheels. Btw, the image is tilted as you can see. That could also be what throws you off.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's what happens when you lower this car (or any car). The wheels always camber in, more in the rear due to the design. There are no camber kits yet for the rear. I am not even that low, that pic is a bit deceiving, probably an uneven parking spot. My front camber is adjustable and sits at around - 1, the back is around - 2. I'd want it close to 0 ideally all around as I don't like the look of camber anymore. And I don't need any camber to clear these wheels. Btw, the image is tilted as you can see. That could also be what throws you off.
Yeah, it's probably the picture. All of your other pictures look fine, just that one. The tire is almost tucked up under the fender there haha. You haven't rolled them any, have you? And you're still dropped about an inch like with the old wheels?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
I'll take some more pics later. I took that one last night in a hurry. The drop has not changed since the last pics with the black wheels.

P.S. if anyone is interested in those black rims, I am selling them for 350 picked up (LA or SD areas). Great condition, one rim has two small scratches. Pm me if interested.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
What suspension are you going to get?
Not sure yet. The Wasp coilovers look like great value for the money but the only review I have seen is from someone that didn't like them. Though that was because they had to run them on full stiff to avoid rubbing.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Not sure yet. The Wasp coilovers look like great value for the money but the only review I have seen is from someone that didn't like them. Though that was because they had to run them on full stiff to avoid rubbing.
That's exactly why I wanted stiffer coilovers. I've run them on full soft since day one. Having rubbing issues in the past due to soft coilovers was really frustrating. Believe it or not, I would still recommend the hsd coilovers, but not the monotube version for you since you want softer ride. Mine have been solid so far. A bit stiff, but 0 rubbing in any situation. I just swapped out the front springs for the correct length ones (the issue I was dealing with) and re-added all the bits (rings, plates, etc) I removed before. It sits where you see it on those new pics: that's the lowest it'll go in the front. They are expensive, but the company who makes them has been around forever and the quality reflects that. You can always change the springs to swift or something if they are too stiff. Just make sure (if you do decide to get them) you mention that you want 16cm front springs, not 20.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Holy crap - nice build @TheShaddix! The attention to detail is just staggering...

Did you experience any rubbing on the wheels before installing the coilovers? I'm planning to run 235/45/17 on 17x8 (ET42) and am worried about rubbing the fenders. It also seems that the HSD coilovers are stiff enough to maybe reduce/prevent that - any idea on what the spring rates are like? Am really interested at this point!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Thanks man! There was almost 0 rubbing on stock height with my black wheels which were 9.5" wide, +38 offset. The new wheels have no rubbing at all. With your wheels you'll never have any issues as they'll sit flush. I am not sure about the spring rates. All I know is the car doesn't squat much at all when you press down on the back. There is no way for the wheels to touch the fenders.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks man! There was almost 0 rubbing on stock height with my black wheels which were 9.5" wide, +38 offset. The new wheels have no rubbing at all. With your wheels you'll never have any issues as they'll sit flush. I am not sure about the spring rates. All I know is the car doesn't squat much at all when you press down on the back. There is no way for the wheels to touch the fenders.
Great to hear that! I sure hope it doesn't rub as the AD08Rs are quite a bit wider and slightly taller than most tires. Thanks again for your input - am waiting to see what you have in mind for the car next! Can't wait to start building mine too :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
I feel like I've done all that I wanted to do to it. And for me it's all about modifications and working on the car constantly, otherwise I get bored. I am already working on another car. Check my Instagram for details (craft_tech).

The elantra will be listed for sale soon. Just need to finish my new video of it. I will not be parting it out.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Seems like quite the waste... 4 months??

Im sure some of us here would love buying some stuff off of you.

Sorry to see you leave the community.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I feel like I've done all that I wanted to do to it. And for me it's all about modifications and working on the car constantly, otherwise I get bored. I am already working on another car. Check my Instagram for details (craft_tech).

The elantra will be listed for sale soon. Just need to finish my new video of it. I will not be parting it out.
Umm... huh?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
I am not sure this was a waste. I had a lot of fun working on this car. Most work was done by myself, so it gave me a sense of pride and attachment to the car. But the excitement died off rather quickly. If I got this car with a manual transmission, I'd probably feel more connected and want to continue modding. Anyway, I'll still browse this forum and help out where I can.

81 - 100 of 117 Posts