Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking around here for a little while while researching a new vehicle. I've owned a 1989 Ford Probe GT turbo as my first car and then moved on to a 2000 Dodge Dakota v6 and then a 2003 Dodge Dakota with the 4.7 v8. After that, I owned a 2009 Honda Civic hybrid and currently drive a 2010 Toyota Prius.

I've been looking at the Civic si, Nissan Nismo, Subaru wrx, Fiesta/Focus ST and VW Gti but I always come back to the Elantra Sport.

I'm thinking about the blue or the gray with the premium package (wife likes the dual zone ac). I was originally thinking about going with the DCT because of the better fuel economy and I do a lot of stop and go traffic on 295 in Jacksonville. I was visiting my mom last week and found one with the 6 speed in Vero Beach, though and my wife reminded me of how much I used to love driving a manual and I have to say the bug bit me and I've been having dreams rowing through the gears and hearing that sweet siren call of a turbo at boil.

Once I can find a dealership around that has one and doesn't insist on charging a markup (daytona and vero beach both tried to hold at $3k over Sticker!?!) I may be ditching my Prius for an ES.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Do it! Seriously, it's pretty fun to drive and I live in one of the worst traffic states. It's not in the same class performance wise as some of the others you mentioned, there isn't much out yet in terms of aftermarket parts, but the warranty and bang for your buck is what drew me in. I have a base model manual and I think I paid like $18,500 for the car. You won't sniff a brand new car from that list other than maybe the Fiesta ST, which I also had. Yes it was peppy and looks kinda cool but at the end of the day I much prefer the styling inside and out of this Elantra.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I came from a Buick Regal GS.
It was pig heavy, and I went through 2 engines and 3 sets of pistons, but man did I love that car. I was VERY worried I wouldnt like the ES as much, but Ive been VERY happy with it.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Anyone know if the same incentives from the last few months are still going? Most of us have picked ours up for way less than MSRP. Mine (6MT base) had $24,300 on the window sticker (dealer add-ons suck) and I managed to drive it off the lot for $18,900 with all the incentives and dealer discounts.

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
Welcome to the ES forums!!!

I test drove all of those cars except the Fords and, at the end of the day, I felt that the ES has the best bang for your buck. It's not as fast as some, but it's far more feature packed and is close enough in performance that (at least to me) it doesn't really matter. It's also a much better looking car than all of them. Of course everyone here is going to tell you to go for it (and I hope you do), but in the end you have to do what is right for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts