Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Hyundai Elantra Sport 1.6 turbo Phoenix Orange
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im ordering a cold air intake from AFE and I want to see if anyone has heard anything about it and what doe they mean when they say it is Stage 2?

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
"Stages" are marketing jargon. Doesn't mean anything.

As far as the intake goes, good quality, great for those that don't like much intake noise. Works good for what it is. These cars tend to find the most benefit from a large 3.5" open element intake.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I have a K&N Typhoon cold air on now. Is this a better intake?

·
Registered
2020 ES/DCT
27 Posts
Check out either Sxth or Tork for an intake, these folks really know these cars and engines and will really get you going in the right direction.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Open end element is the K&N i have on the car. they say they get on dyno 15hp. But the AFe which is closed say that they get 16hp. Hows that?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I changing air intake because the K&N seems to be grabbing air from everywhere including the hot engine cause the heat shield does not seal away engine bay. I figured the AFE has direct air flow from stock postion in front of car, also has a plug hole on the side for more air from the right side of the box

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Thanks! I have a K&N Typhoon cold air on now. Is this a better intake?
Small diameter pipe, not the best.
Check out either Sxth or Tork for an intake, these folks really know these cars and engines and will really get you going in the right direction.
SXTH, yes. Tork, no. I would avoid them. The stabilization bracket on their intakes tend to break as well.
Open end element is the K&N i have on the car. they say they get on dyno 15hp. But the AFe which is closed say that they get 16hp. Hows that?
Different dyno's used, some may read higher than others. Also, in my experience, intake gains tend to get fluffed up a bit.
I changing air intake because the K&N seems to be grabbing air from everywhere including the hot engine cause the heat shield does not seal away engine bay. I figured the AFE has direct air flow from stock postion in front of car, also has a plug hole on the side for more air from the right side of the box
Doesn't really matter, the turbo will just heat up the air anyway. If you want cooler air in the intake manifold, upgrading the intercooler is the best thing you can do. Meth injection is next.

·
Registered
2020 ES/DCT
27 Posts
SXTH, yes. Tork, no. I would avoid them. The stabilization bracket on their intakes tend to break as well.
Im surprised by that. My brother ran a Tork intake on his VT for 4 years or so without issue.

I personally ordered the Sxth intake cause it does look like a more polished product. Getting it in white so it matches my car was a plus lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts