Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Not to mention drilled and slotted are pretty much overkill and IMO drilled is mostly for looks.

When I tracked my 2013 5.0 mustang (auto cross and road course) I used only slotted rotors on my brembo setup. Worked great. R1 concepts is good stuff however our brakes are fine, the magic is in the pads and bedding them properly as well as the lines/proper fluid for hard use.

Also remember that brakes (pads and rotors) designed for track use tend to be pretty noisy on the street if the pads don’t get hot enough.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I used R1 Concept Premium Series Drilled/Slotted Rotors with Hawk HPS pads in a '09 Cobalt with Brembo brakes. The rotors looks great and works ok. The pads were very low dust, no brake fade, but the combo has less stopping power than the OEM rotor/pad combo. Also, after maybe 6 month of use, many mini cracks appeared around each drilled hole in each rotor. A friend of mine have the same experience in a '05 Mustang GT with the same R1 Concept rotors. They look great, but I will not buy it again.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Anyone found food replacement pads yet?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Anyone found food replacement pads yet?
I’ve always been a fan of EBC brake pads and centric rotors. Been using them since my jeep days when running oversized tires. They have a multitude of pads for different styles of driving. From everyday pads all the way up to racing applications.

I wouldn’t mess with rotors until you need them obviously.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I’ve always been a fan of EBC brake pads and centric rotors. Been using them since my jeep days when running oversized tires. They have a multitude of pads for different styles of driving. From everyday pads all the way up to racing applications.

I wouldn’t mess with rotors until you need them obviously.
Is there a part number for EBC pad for our cars?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.