Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

Went to start the car today to head home after work. Everything on the dash came on as normal but it wouldn't kick over. Had Hyundai service come.and have a look and they couldn't get it to start. Had my wife drive 40 mins with the spare key and it didn't work.

Just had the 1500km check/service done on Friday. Pretty disappointing. Now it has to get towed and who knows how long it's going to take the dealer to fix it.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a sight you ever wanna see. Your car on a tow truck

Anyway. Have the car back now. The Dealer found the problem and said it was the switch/sensor on the clutch pedal. Apparently it came loose and wasn't detecting that the clutch was depressed and there for wouldn't start. Dealer said they'd never seen/had a car with the same problem.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah think so to. At least I know what it is now so if it it does it again I know where to look

Registered
Haha on the freightliner box trucks I drive the throttle sensor is in a spot by the pedals that you can bump and knock loose with your foot if you aren鈥檛 careful. Happened on the freeway doing 70 once and it鈥檚 not a good feeling hitting the gas and nothing happening. At least the brakes worked!

Glad it was something simple though. As our cars get more complicated it gets so much tougher to track down stuff like this

Registered
If this had happened on an old beater you would have figured it out when you bump started it. It happened to me on a Sentra with 245,000 miles on it. Of course on a new car this wouldn't have crossed my mind to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.