Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I occasionally get a hard thud sound (with vibration) when I power shift from 1rst to 2nd. Guess I should be surprised- also have traction control turned off. Is it probably the differential not handling all the power?? Definitely does not feel good, but also think I remember getting something similar when i had a 5 speed s10 years ago. Should probably be more careful putting power to shift wheels and shifting too quick. :(

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I occasionally get a hard thud sound (with vibration) when I power shift from 1rst to 2nd. Guess I should be surprised- also have traction control turned off. Is it probably the differential not handling all the power?? Definitely does not feel good, but also think I remember getting something similar when i had a 5 speed s10 years ago. Should probably be more careful putting power to shift wheels and shifting too quick. :(
Soft engine mounts will do that. If that is something you do regularly, I would look into replacing the lower mount (torque rod) with either a whole new unit, or replacing the bushings with something stiffer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts