Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just picked up my ES not long ago and have done about circa 700km's on it.

From yesterday I've noticed there is a faint (but loud enough to notice) ticking noise at idle/whenever i accelerate. I haven't been driving vigorously as Im usually stuck in traffic.

Just wondering if anyone could provide insight?
I know past Elantras are known to be tickers or it could be the turbo, but I havent read about any other ES owners bringing this up.

Thanks in advance!

Disclaimer Edit: I know there is a previous thread of a Hiss but I feel mine seems a little different! Thanks :)

·
Registered
335 Posts
Likely the injectors. Get some time at the dealership with the same car and compare the two noises.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Likely injectors as said above or the high pressure fuel pump. Take off the plastic engine cover and look at the top right of the valve cover. You should see a round, goldish colored part with fuel lines going to it. Put your hand on it and see if the vibrations you feel match up with the noise you hear. If so, it is just normal and a trade-off of having direct injection. When I installed my intake I was concerned as well since the ticking was super loud. But after I put the engine cover back on and closed the hood it ticked like normal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

Compared my car to another and it seems the same. I guess its just something small ill have to live with!

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Yep, that's why they are typically encased in foam and why the engine cover is there for more than looks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts