Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. So I've got 20% tint on my car all around. I really wish it was a tad darker for the sunny says. I wanted to tint just the front windows darker (to around 10%). I want to do only the front passenger and drivers windows. I can't find any place that offers 10%, only 5% (too dark) or 15-20%. Has anyone here double tinted to get the % you want. I was also told it may look a little finny having the darker tint only on the front. I'm hoping if its 10 it won't be too noticeable. Thought s and feedback?

·
Registered
248 Posts
In my state is Australia, Darkest legal tint is 35% on front windows and 20% for anything rear of that, which is what I got plus a 20% 'banner' across the top of the front windscreen. IMO it's well dark enough for sunny ass Aus and great privacy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys. So I've got 20% tint on my car all around. I really wish it was a tad darker for the sunny says. I wanted to tint just the front windows darker (to around 10%). I want to do only the front passenger and drivers windows. I can't find any place that offers 10%, only 5% (too dark) or 15-20%. Has anyone here double tinted to get the % you want. I was also told it may look a little finny having the darker tint only on the front. I'm hoping if its 10 it won't be too noticeable. Thought s and feedback?
I've never personally seen someone layer up tints but I can imagine it wouldn't look too good or last as long. I used to have 15% back in the day and currently rock 20% tint on my personal vehicles. The jump from 20% to 15%, although seemingly small, might actually work out for you. I agree that 5% is way too dark; 15% might be the key for you. Just make sure you use the same company/brand of tint so that you know for sure that you're going to have a darker tint, since different brands obviously will not all have uniform tint %'s among each other.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.