Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I just picked up the new ES in Electric Blue and I'm loving the car. Brings me back to high school haha

Curious to see if any of you guys have tinted your windows already and the %.

I'd like to gauge the pics to see how dark or light I should go.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,200 Posts

I can't recall what the tint laws are here in TX, but this is the darkest I could get. I think it's 25% in the front and no regulation for the rears at all.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Don't have any good pics atm but what i did was 20% rear window 5% rear doors 35% front doors and 5% sunshade, it makes a world of difference and you can still see at night perfectly fine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome thanks for the pics guys! I forgot to mention I'm in Florida haha

I believe the tint laws are around 15% for the rear and 30% on the sides

·
Registered
188 Posts
The 20% looks pretty good, not too dark or light. You don't happen to have a shot from the back?
At the moment I do not, but I can get you one. Are you wanting a corner shot or just straight on from the rear?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At the moment I do not, but I can get you one. Are you wanting a corner shot or just straight on from the rear?
A corner shot would be great :) just want to gauge the 20% all around, thanks in advance!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Here are a couple angles for you that could help since we have the same color. Its 20% all around except the front visor is 5%.

Attachments

·
Registered
188 Posts
A corner shot would be great :) just want to gauge the 20% all around, thanks in advance!

When you're looking at it at the same level as the window it's pretty easy to see through. Look at it from regular height and it looks blacked out. It's perfect if you ask me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here are a couple angles for you that could help since we have the same color. Its 20% all around except the front visor is 5%.
Awesome! The 20% actually looks pretty dark lol You don't happen to have a side shot??

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

When you're looking at it at the same level as the window it's pretty easy to see through. Look at it from regular height and it looks blacked out. It's perfect if you ask me.
Beautiful pics, makes me wonder if I should've got the ES in Red! Thanks for those angles! I'm sold on the 20%, I was gonna go 15% all around but it may be just be a bit dark.

·
Super Moderator
1,200 Posts
Where did you get the black outs for your tail lights?
Are you asking me? I did mine myself. Rustoleum spray tint and automotive clear coat. Sanded them with 800 than 1200 grit and then laid down a basecoat of tint. When that dried I put down another coat then wet sanded with 1200 > 1500 > 2000 > 3000. Then I laid a third coat down and did the same wetsanding steps. Once that was sufficiently smooth I laid down a base of clear and let it dry. On the second clear coat I did the same wetsanding steps as earlier, then laid down a third coat of clear. I did the same wetstanding steps, but then added in 3 levels of polish: Meguiar's 105 followed by Megs 205 followed by PlastX. I also seal them with Chemical Guys Jetseal (along with all of the paint on the car) every 6 months.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts