Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Happy 4th of July folks! Just as I was on my way to pick up some hot dogs, my rear left tire blew out. At least the jack and tools were very easy to use.

Looks like the sidewall blew out on me. Anyone else run into something like this? Let me know your thoughts. Note that my tires have less than 11k miles on them. Do you think this would be covered by warranty? I don't think so, but looking at the tire damage, it seems that the tire itself gave out.

In any case, I'm just going to replace all four tires with Michelin Pilot Sports...

Sure glad the ES has an actual spare!

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just noticed a bubble on my sidewall yesterday. Just under 13k on the factory tires. I’m about to take the family on a nice long drive to Florida so of course it happens now.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Is this your daily? Pilot sports don’t last very long. But very good tires nonetheless

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is this your daily? Pilot sports don’t last very long. But very good tires nonetheless

None of my cars are daily drivers. I'm not worried about tires lasting long - my modded S4 and my AMG conditioned me to that long ago lol.

I just had the Pilot Sport AS3+ installed (same tires I had on my E63 AMG) and boy does the ES feel more precise! And now I have the replacement certificate coverage on the tires. And on the ES I can rotate the tires! Fun on a budget is great! :D

Reactions: croppz
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.