Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 ES DCT. I don't mind the stock tires at all, but pretty soon I'm gonna have to get a new set. I live in NoVa, so there is sometimes snow/ice. I like the low profile look, but is it worth getting a higher profile tire?

Any tire/brand recommendations? All seasons preferably.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Our 40 aspect ratio tires have limited sidewall/flex and aren't good in snow, however a change to 45 or 50 isn't going to solve anything, maybe a marginal improvement. The tire compound and tread is more important. All season tires don't have the right rubber to flex in cold.

I got rid of the OEM tires very early as they had excessive road noise. I found a shop that would give some value for new tires on trade, and got Dunlop Signature HP. They are in the same tire category but are much better with road noise and, according to this survey (and my experience), are better in dry, wet and snow. Although I seldom drive in snow or ice.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=UHPAS

Maybe the new "all weather" category tires may be worth a look? I would expect worse dry performance though, and more road noise.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Our 40 aspect ratio tires have limited sidewall/flex and aren't good in snow, however a change to 45 or 50 isn't going to solve anything, maybe a marginal improvement. The tire compound and tread is more important. All season tires don't have the right rubber to flex in cold.

I got rid of the OEM tires very early as they had excessive road noise. I found a shop that would give some value for new tires on trade, and got Dunlop Signature HP. They are in the same tire category but are much better with road noise and, according to this survey (and my experience), are better in dry, wet and snow. Although I seldom drive in snow or ice.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=UHPAS

Maybe the new "all weather" category tires may be worth a look? I would expect worse dry performance though, and more road noise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.