1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I see some damage on the front bumper and a dent in the passenger side rear door.

·
Registered
263 Posts
It is certified so you'll get the bumper-to-bumper and powertrain warranty. Just negotiate getting the existing damage fixed. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I see some damage on the front bumper and a dent in the passenger side rear door, but I'm wondering if the area above the rear wheel is damaged or not.
The front is pretty easy to spot, but didn't see the rear before. Thanks!
It is certified so you'll get the bumper-to-bumper and powertrain warranty. Just negotiate getting the existing damage fixed. :)
My other concern is that the car has resided in NY, so not sure if it was exposed to a lot of road salt. If I were to pursue this one, I'd have to get it delivered to Southern California. But yeah, being CPO is a big plus.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought this car dent on rr door and quarter and obvious bumper damage. It’s a cool ride everything else in good shape. Had it for a couple months drove from PA to get it. 0 Rust. Didn’t reaize it was talked about on here lol.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought this car dent on rr door and quarter and obvious bumper damage. It’s a cool ride everything else in good shape. Had it for a couple months drove from PA to get it. 0 Rust. Didn’t reaize it was talked about on here lol.
I was eyeing that car for quite a while. Yeah, the car had some dents and stuff, but at the price you paid & CPO too. If you paid less than $15K OTD, it was a steal for that price, but of course, wonder how much you have spent to fix the damage...hopefully it was just "it'll buff right out" I'm in California, so it was just too big of a risk for me to take as the dealer you bought it from is in NY.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was eyeing that car for quite a while. Yeah, the car had some dents and stuff, but at the price you paid & CPO too. If you paid less than $15K OTD, it was a steal for that price, but of course, wonder how much you have spent to fix the damage...hopefully it was just "it'll buff right out" I'm in California, so it was just too big of a risk for me to take as the dealer you bought it from is in NY.
I paid right around 13K for it. My uncle paints so the bumper no big deal. The dents are kinda sharp so may cost close to $1,000 to fix but doesn’t really bother me that much. I’d rather spend on mods. Inconsistent pulls when getting on it and the notchy shifts take some getting used to but I guess there are ways to make better as far as a tune and shifter bushings etc. I don’t know how long I’m gonna keep it for pondering getting an SUV AWD out here for winter so may trade it in soon. Fun car on the twisties and back roads. The turbo keeps u pulling nicely up hills which is really cool.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
I paid right around 13K for it. My uncle paints so the bumper no big deal. The dents are kinda sharp so may cost close to $1,000 to fix but doesn’t really bother me that much. I’d rather spend on mods. Inconsistent pulls when getting on it and the notchy shifts take some getting used to but I guess there are ways to make better as far as a tune and shifter bushings etc. I don’t know how long I’m gonna keep it for pondering getting an SUV AWD out here for winter so may trade it in soon. Fun car on the twisties and back roads. The turbo keeps u pulling nicely up hills which is really cool.
Just bought it, already thinking of trading it? Car does great in snow with some good snow tires.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just bought it, already thinking of trading it? Car does great in snow with some good snow tires.
Any ideas on making shifting less notchy? I have the 6xth tear drop shift knob and used resline fluid seemed to help a bit. Does the shifter base and cable bushings help alot as well? It’s so inconsistent with shifts and going from notchy to smooth. Also the stuttering under boost once in a blue moon is a pain. Thinking an EBCS would help/fix.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Any ideas on making shifting less notchy? I have the 6xth tear drop shift knob and used resline fluid seemed to help a bit. Does the shifter base and cable bushings help alot as well? It’s so inconsistent with shifts and going from notchy to smooth. Also the stuttering under boost once in a blue moon is a pain. Thinking an EBCS would help/fix.
Stock EBCS is trash.
As far as the shifter goes, depends on how bad you want it. I have the '19+ Veloster R-Spec shifter (factory B&M short shifter) paired with SXTH shifter base and cable bushings, and I replaced the cable bracket bushings on the transmission this weekend and everything together is phenomenal.

Reactions: JVD_1988

·
Registered
5 Posts
Stock EBCS is trash.
As far as the shifter goes, depends on how bad you want it. I have the '19+ Veloster R-Spec shifter (factory B&M short shifter) paired with SXTH shifter base and cable bushings, and I replaced the cable bracket bushings on the transmission this weekend and everything together is phenomenal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks. You must be Jason lolz. I see you help alot on the forums awesome man. I’m Joe Van Dam I’ve asked a few questions on there. Thanks for your help much appreciated! I notice when going uphill that the shifts are smoother almost like nothing stretching and the trans not strecthed forward make it easier to shift if that makes sense! Not sure what I did here as far as reply but sorry can’t delete the above.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
You got a good deal. I sort of regret not pursuing it now, but you got a car I would love to keep.

Personally, if you want a SUV, just go grab a used 4Runner or other AWD vehicle for a beater, if that could work for you to keep two cars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts