Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First, I would like to start off by saying thank you to everyone at damnfastdd.com and Tork Motorsports, you guys are awesome in every way, the customer service is on point. I own a 2017 Hyundai Elantra Sport and I recently purchased a Tork Motorsports Big Gulp CAI (Cold Air Intake) for it, and all i can say is WOW!!! This is truely one of the best CAI I have ever owned, the sound it produces is amazing, the construction is solid, and the designs is flawless. Instalation was a breeze, took me about 15min and most of that time was removing the stock intake system. I really like the fact that they designed the Big Gulp CAI as one piece and the R&D they put into the design, there is no spot for the Breather Hose or the BOV Hose Recirc to attach too, and for good reason. First the Breather Hose, simple OIL! the breather hose is attached to the top of the valve cover and normally attaches to the air intake system, the problem with that is oil is somtimes pushed ou this line and funneled into the intake which in turn goes to the turbo then intercooler and so on, OIL DOESNT LIKE TO BURN, deffinitely not cool. Second the BOV Hose Recirc, some manufactures put this hose back on their aftermarket intake. They, do not. Why? Well, hot air getting pumped back in at 15 psi into the cool air that is in the intake,IS A HORRIBLE IDEA!!! So in short my hats off to EVERYONE at Tork Motorsports and damnfastdd.com for your outstanding customer service and awesome product.

Thank You and i will definitely continue being your customer.

·
Registered
84 Posts
First, I would like to start off by saying thank you to everyone at damnfastdd.com and Tork Motorsports, you guys are awesome in every way, the customer service is on point. I own a 2017 Hyundai Elantra Sport and I recently purchased a Tork Motorsports Big Gulp CAI (Cold Air Intake) for it, and all i can say is WOW!!! This is truely one of the best CAI I have ever owned, the sound it produces is amazing, the construction is solid, and the designs is flawless. Instalation was a breeze, took me about 15min and most of that time was removing the stock intake system. I really like the fact that they designed the Big Gulp CAI as one piece and the R&D they put into the design, there is no spot for the Breather Hose or the BOV Hose Recirc to attach too, and for good reason. First the Breather Hose, simple OIL! the breather hose is attached to the top of the valve cover and normally attaches to the air intake system, the problem with that is oil is somtimes pushed ou this line and funneled into the intake which in turn goes to the turbo then intercooler and so on, OIL DOESNT LIKE TO BURN, deffinitely not cool. Second the BOV Hose Recirc, some manufactures put this hose back on their aftermarket intake. They, do not. Why? Well, hot air getting pumped back in at 15 psi into the cool air that is in the intake,IS A HORRIBLE IDEA!!! So in short my hats off to EVERYONE at Tork Motorsports and damnfastdd.com for your outstanding customer service and awesome product.

Thank You and i will definitely continue being your customer.
Can you post some videos? I would love to hear the sounds the BIG GULP produces :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
So let me ask... if having the hoses recirculate into the intake is stupid and awful and spawn of satan... WHY did the manufacturer do it that way in the first place?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NVH, Noise Vibration, Harshness. This is to keep the sound down on the vehicle. Stock cars should be nearly silent, this is the reason exhausts are so restrictive, as well as the reason, that sound restriction is placed inside the intake.

A very small amount of it is due to emissions however most of it is to increase the ride quality perception.

Manufactures also put cats on the car, which are extremely restrictive, and for the purpose of modifications, are stupid and the spawn of satan LOL

This is common practice among manufactures, well cats are mandatory, but that is a whole different thing.
Tyson
Well said Tyson

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
NVH, Noise Vibration, Harshness. This is to keep the sound down on the vehicle. Stock cars should be nearly silent, this is the reason exhausts are so restrictive, as well as the reason, that sound restriction is placed inside the intake.

A very small amount of it is due to emissions however most of it is to increase the ride quality perception.

Manufactures also put cats on the car, which are extremely restrictive, and for the purpose of modifications, are stupid and the spawn of satan LOL

This is common practice among manufactures, well cats are mandatory, but that is a whole different thing.
Tyson
There are a few other reasons for quiet exhausts and specific ECU programming. All comes down to stricter regulations that get worse every year. Try driving past some microphones at 30mph and flooring the gas for a split second and if the exhaust is too loud the car fails the test. BS stuff like that...

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
So let me ask... if having the hoses recirculate into the intake is stupid and awful and spawn of satan... WHY did the manufacturer do it that way in the first place?
Recirculating the BOV is strictly a noise thing. Connecting the valve cover breather to the intake is for emissions - it routes oil back in through the intake to be burned during combustion. With intercooled turbos this can be a problem because so much of that oil condenses in the intercooler before it gets anywhere near a combustion chamber.

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
Thank you for your purchase. We are hammering away in the shop to get all the parts out to our customers!!! That your for being patient.
With all the work y'all do on other platforms I can imagine that you're in crunch time adding another platform to the mix. Kudos to Tork for getting products to market quickly with maximum information and testing and still being able to fill customer orders in a very reasonable timeframe!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts