Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I haven't seen much on the Tork Pipe, but 19 bucks for 10 more HP seems like a solid price. Link below.

Has anyone installed it? Is the power increase noticeable? It wouldn't put on a check engine light would it?

(thoughts on installing it on a lease?)

1.6T Tork Pipe | DamnFastDD.com

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There are quite a few people here with the Tork Pipe, I will answer the technical questions, and let others weigh in on what they think of the product itself.

Install is super simple, definitely something that would be good for a lease, as it is something that you can replace very quickly, and with minimum tools.

It does not cause a check engine light.

Tyson
Thanks Tyson, I'm pretty sure I am going to give this a shot. If I go in for an oil change, is it something they would notice? Watching videos on the VT is seems like its such a minuscule change that you wouldn't notice the difference unless looking for it.

I'm also considering just calling the dealer and asking adding bolt on parts on the lease.

·
Registered
116 Posts
There are quite a few people here with the Tork Pipe, I will answer the technical questions, and let others weigh in on what they think of the product itself.

Install is super simple, definitely something that would be good for a lease, as it is something that you can replace very quickly, and with minimum tools.

It does not cause a check engine light.

Tyson
Hi Tyson,
Do you guys have a dyno of just the Tork pipe? I found one for the intake plus Tork pipe but couldn't find one for just the pipe. I am just curious where the power is gained.

Thanks,
Landon

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
It's a super solid mod for a seriously cheap price. You're not going to notice any more noise than what you already hear. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
228 Posts
There is no difference between the two pipes. Maybe one is slightly more shiny than the other. If you look at the stock pipe, it has holes on the inside that lead into another chamber to muffle some noise. I installed mine a while back and I never heard any bad noises from it. Also, there is no actual way for it to add power as both the stock pipe and the aftermarket one have identical diameter and length, and both are straight-through. The only thing it could improve is turbo lag, but that's also questionable. I did not expect much from it though, but I don't regret buying it since it's cheap. I think it is worth getting, but definitely not for power or sound gains as you will get neither. You might hear more turbo spool as I do hear mine, but I am not sure if it's due to the pipe or just the intake filter. It's one of those small mods you install and forget about, but feel better that you have it.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The only difference in ours is that it's aluminum so you'll have a couple ounces of weight savings :) and I'm pretty sure ours comes out to a little cheaper when shipping is calculated into the price.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have one standing on my desk i haven't had time to install yet. I bought it out of the idea that if this gives 2 hp, it is still a fine deal honestly. I have the one from Tork, very solid looking.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL at this guy.
I'll be honest, the difference between aluminum and stainless steal the sustainability from heat and pressure. I don't think there will be enough heat or pressure to warp an aluminum pipe doing into the intercooler - since I believe heat begins to warp aluminum around 550-600 degrees F. Plus Aluminum is is extremely resistant to corrosion and rust and with the pipe being under the car I thought that was best to have one resistant to rust.

Plus 20 bucks free shipping vs 18 bucks with 14 dollar shipping = no brainer.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I'll be honest, the difference between aluminum and stainless steal the sustainability from heat and pressure. I don't think there will be enough heat or pressure to warp an aluminum pipe doing into the intercooler - since I believe heat begins to warp aluminum around 550-600 degrees F. Plus Aluminum is is extremely resistant to corrosion and rust and with the pipe being under the car I thought that was best to have one resistant to rust.

Plus 20 bucks free shipping vs 18 bucks with 14 dollar shipping = no brainer.
Yeah I think in this case the material makes no difference. And the price difference is actually 50 cents, but one of them does offer free shipping. :)

Reactions: Voodoo Idol

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Reactions: dmushet1

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ours has free shipping :)

Ours is free shipping :)
Really? I could have sworn when I put it in my cart it said there was a shipping fee. And I just put in the cart to double check and it shows.

Preview Order

1 x 1.6T Tork Pipe - dfdd00414 ($19.50) $19.50 Sub-Total: $19.50 USPS: $10.00 Total: $29.50
:(

·
Registered
2,413 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
As far as I know, the stock pipe is made of stainless steel, so why not replace it with the same material. Aluminum has its uses on the car, no doubt, but I think in that particular spot, right near the turbo, it's just not the place for it. Do you want to take chances on that? Also, the two clamps need to be very tight, and I'd be worried to deform the pipe and have a chance of an air leak or cracks developing with cold and hot temp changes. It's kind of an obvious choice in this case, I am really not sure why people are still debating. I don't care who makes which pipe. I just care about the product and quality.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts