Elantra Sport Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I hate starting **** but I really have to know what the deal is with Tork and what they consider to be quality workmanship.

My dual catch cans looked like they were put together with JB weld and then powder coated, I didn't even bother installing, sent them back. I was issued a refund, however was out 23 dollars to ship back as well as the extra 26 it cost to make it a dual catch can.

I was DM'd on instagram by a user that will be unnamed until that person wishes to post in this thread. They got one of their intake tubes that uses the stock intake. It was fabbed, mounting bracket was installed literally backwards, powder coated and sent out and then when the issue was brought up they said they would exchange and would not reimburse shipping, but rather would put it as a credit towards their next part purchase.

Seriously? Look I've dealt with some pretty bad companies as far as customer service and quality is concerned from my drag racing days but this is nuts.

I'm sure we are not the only folks that have had issues. At which point does the internal issue get handled?

Again, i hate starting ****, especially on open forum, but I feel like something needs to be documented for new users so they at least have a warning.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Tork Motorsports - Auburn, WA: WORD OF WARNING

Word of Warning, John Bushbaum. - Fiat 124 Spider Forum

Scammer: PTP Performance. - Dodge SRT Forum

This is where someone from Tork steps in and says "Oh, those old complaints again? Why are you bringing up old dirt?"

So here's something more recent:

Malgadar's Ironman Silver VT - Page 50
or my favorite "where's the proof"...

Or when They say that they are the only ones that are " a real shop and tuners" because they fab in house and have a dyno lol... Maybe they should outsource their fabrication and powder coating. I wouldnt be happy with any product of theirs and I was a previous "customer". I have gotten rid of the parts I bought from them and have since moved to a far superior product.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I was DM'd on instagram by a user that will be unnamed until that person wishes to post in this thread. They got one of their intake tubes that uses the stock intake. It was fabbed, mounting bracket was installed literally backwards, powder coated and sent out and then when the issue was brought up they said they would exchange and would not reimburse shipping, but rather would put it as a credit towards their next part purchase.

Seriously? Look I've dealt with some pretty bad companies as far as customer service and quality is concerned from my drag racing days but this is nuts.

I'm sure we are not the only folks that have had issues. At which point does the internal issue get handled?

Again, i hate starting ****, especially on open forum, but I feel like something needs to be documented for new users so they at least have a warning.
I saw the picture of that "shorty intake" it was laughable...

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any pictures of the catch can?
Some would consider this acceptable. I don’t however. I can weld better than this so it’s unacceptable by my standards.

Attachments

Reactions: Voodoo Idol

·
Registered
79 Posts
Some would consider this acceptable. I don’t however. I can weld better than this so it’s unacceptable by my standards.
I LOL'd when I saw the welds on the OCC but feel bad you're out money for their shoddy product. Even though I am keeping stock - IMO good thread just like with any other mod or product positive or negative helps other make informed decisions.

·
Registered
263 Posts
also, they stole the name "big gulp" from another company, and that company found out and sent them a letter Having them change the name lol... How original.
Did someone actually send them a letter?
Here is a screenshot I was sent in case no one believes me...

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
If you think those are bad, you should see their downpipe...
And thank you for your feedback Dave. This really pushed us to make a better product for the community! Now if only we could keep them on the shelves! They are selling like hot cakes! Thanks again for the feedback greatly appreciated.
While I still don't think it looks as good as others, this particular DP doesn't look as horrible as the previous ones you have sold to people... I'd like to see one with out the "ceramic" coating though.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am sorry you didnt approve of the build quality. Im sure you will find another OCC in the market you approve of. And yes with every order returned there is a restocking fee just like with almost every other company. I spoke with the other customer as well who got the super shorty with the bracket issue and it has been resolved as well. We will be giving them a future discount and we are powdercoating it another color for them for free. We have never claimed to be perfect in any way we have made mistakes and will make them in the future just like everyone else. We can only learn and try harder not to make them.
So decent customer service is a replacement for bad workmanship? Weird.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I guess if thats how you see it? Im sorry you feel that way.
I’ve been in customer service my entire working life. I understand there’s a business aspect. But y’all legit ****** up, sent out a bad part. Then are requiring them to pay for shipping back only to credit towards a future purchase? No. You eat that shipping and they owe nothing, because it’s your fault.

But I applaude your canned responses, hopefully new owners are a bit more wary of your products. Because the ES community is small and word travels fast. At least you have the stones to defend yourself. Most companies wouldn’t even address it.

Good day.

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
You are correct Malgadar did blow his engine. Im not sure if you read it all but after that page you posted you will see he never blamed the tune. He stated he knew he was taking a risk with all the mods on a 2013 engine. You will also read that he had our tune on his car for over a year, then he got a revision and went out beating on the car. Once he downshifted and floored it after awhile thats when he got an issue. Once the dealership denied his claim he then came to us for a forged engine :). Thank you for pointing that out tho we are glad to get that cleared up.
So, you blew one motor, had one built for him which immediately had a failed rear main seal, and that engine blew last week. Both on your tunes.

·
Registered
66 Posts
@croppz I’ll finally say something...

It’s messed up and I feel exactly how you feel in terms of the lack of quality through their OCC design...er, well....so many of their products.

This is past getting quick and ugly....real fast; like DamnFast (I think the forum will get the humor). I’ve been poked at enough to finally say something publicly on the forum. There’s several issues with Tork aka DamnFastDD.

Clearly there’s a huge difference how John over at his company at DamnFastDD views his business structure over what’s going on with Mark’s company over at SxthElement. (To the forum, can you feel the tension?) Now that I’m directly pointed to the company by their business operators...it might get really messy in here when Tork attempts to defend their business model/ products.

Tork products-

imo appear on the production budget side with a retail price close to their competitors. Everyone knows about the pie cut method Tork used for their downpipe and how John defended why they produce them that way.

This reply became too long so I edited it. Bottom line- if you want a quality product head over to SxthElement. The only issue you should experience over there would be the backordered status of certain products which to some extent is worth it depending on the duration of the product being back in stock.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I said it before and I’ll say it again. Your “great” customer service does not take the place of shoddy workmanship. Quality>customer service about 90 percent of the time. Most people have a good balance of both but this is comical. It still blows my mind that it was fabbed and then went all the way to powder coating and it never got caught. Human error is one thing but it went through multiple stages without getting caught.

As they used to beat into my brain in basic training in the army “attention to detail, privates. Attention to effing detail”.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Again it was a mistake, we understand that and will do our best to get better. I don't believe we have ever put a bracket on backwards before so to me this is a first. When you talk about all the stages. You act like we have a warehouse of employees whose hands it goes through to get to the final stage. That is not the case here. Again the issue has been resolved with the customer so I am not sure why you need to keep discussing it. I am sorry you are not pleased with our products or customer service.
How dare an unhappy customer voice their displeasure?... 😂

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How dare an unhappy customer voice their displeasure?... 😂
It’s all good. I know they like to think they have it all figured out and are the only ones in the game. When something happens involving them all they do is scream proof. It’s like watching Hillary Clinton run for president again

My SXTH intake comes tomorrow. Willing to bet the bracket won’t be welded on backwards and powder coated over hahaha

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.