Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

I just wondering if anybody use an OBD2 adapter and the Torque Pro application to display the their Elantra Sport real time data.

I use it and in my old 2013 Sonata and now in my Elantra Sport and I have access to a lot of interesting things without have to wire and install gauges in car.

I just think about the air intake temperature enormous difference depending of driving conditions. I was surprised about that!

Attachments

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
71 Posts
That is pretty cool, I didn't know that was a thing.

What type of adapter do you use? Its a blue tooth adapter?

Can you use android auto while using the phone as gauges?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It works with that type of adapt but my phone its too old and my Android software is not supported by Android Auto

Attachments

Reactions: CoolRonZ

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
Perhaps it's your phone? My Galaxy S6 allows torque on its screen while Android Auto is on the head unit.
Huh. I have an S6 Edge and I had issues trying to navigate both. Maybe my phone was just being retarded that day and I should try it again. But I have the S3 as a dedicated unit at this point so... maybe I shouldn't even bother. :D

Thanks for pointing that out though.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I just bought the 'OBDLinkLX' basically just to use it for torque pro and a few gauges in the ES. It polls a lot faster than my generic **** OBD bluetooth adapter so the gauges are a fair bit smoother and faster to react.

I like the boost gauge, instant fuel economy and coolant temp, also nice to monitor A/F ratio requested and measured too.

I plan on a semi permanent mount spot for my extra phone that will display the gauges but haven't decided on a spot or method yet.

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Also the OBD connector itself under the steering wheel has a little clip holding it into that spot, it's very easy to disconnect if you want to leave a low power OBD2 tool in there (like the OBDLink LX) and be able to close the little door and the Mrs will be none the wiser!

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
Also the OBD connector itself under the steering wheel has a little clip holding it into that spot, it's very easy to disconnect if you want to leave a low power OBD2 tool in there (like the OBDLink LX) and be able to close the little door and the Mrs will be none the wiser!
This. Gives you a cleaner looking interior, too.

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,198 Posts
This scan tool does not work with iOS and the wifi version that work with iphones have very bad reviews. Any recommendation that works with iphone?
The Torque app doesn't work with iPhones, either. The closest you can get is Dash Command, which is a far inferior app (I've used both). Just find a used Android phone for cheap and use that as a dedicated device.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just ordered a scanner off Amazon. I'm also waiting to hear from the Torque Pro developer to see if they have any plans for an Android Auto compatible version. Would love to be able to NOT have a second screen (e.g., dedicated phone) for using this in "fun" mode...definitely would use a phone for diagnosis though.

Never knew these existed. Thanks!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Just bought an OBD II connector and downloaded the Torque app, I have to say, it's awesome. Coolest app I've ever used.

There is even a gauge package that looks like the factory gauges in the Elantra Sport, I've attached a screenshot.

Only thing I wish it had was the ability to report oil temp and pressure.

Does anyone have a list of the data that the Torque app is able to report with the new Hyundai ECU?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 55 Posts