Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using Torque with one of those cheap ELM 327 bluetooth OBDII devices for a few years now. Mainly for reading faults but it is pretty cool to be able to do see the readings on the screen now. I mainly did it so I can track the air temprature before and after I put in the CAI. Still debating what brand but it doesn't seem like there are many options out there right now.

If you decide to leave the Bluetooth dongle in there, you have to push in the pieces on the side and remove it from the panel. If you don't, then the fuze cover will never close.

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
I've been using Torque with one of those cheap ELM 327 bluetooth OBDII devices for a few years now. Mainly for reading faults but it is pretty cool to be able to do see the readings on the screen now. I mainly did it so I can track the air temprature before and after I put in the CAI. Still debating what brand but it doesn't seem like there are many options out there right now.

If you decide to leave the Bluetooth dongle in there, you have to push in the pieces on the side and remove it from the panel. If you don't, then the fuze cover will never close.
Very cool! How did you get the gauges to display on the console screen?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does your boost gauge still work? Needle is stuck on 0 since I updated OBD2 AA. I’ve tried the stable & the alpha, both patched.
Mine works great. I have noticed that if you make any changes to the settings, you have to disconnect and then reconnect to see any changes, otherwise the gauges get stuck at 0. Also, if you put the settings a certain way, it can break that gauge too. Here is what my boost gauge looks like right now. The bottom two check boxes that you cannot see are unchecked. Hope that helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Anyone know if Hyundai is going to update their firmware for the head unit to support Android Auto over WiFi?
There hasn't been much word on this since the tech demos from Pioneer. I certainly hope they do, but this is going to take a long time to bug test and roll out to the masses, since they likely don't want to chase bugs endlessly, rather release a 98%+ firmware/software for a range of head units for various cars. It seems like a fairly simple addition, but it really isn't both technically and logistically. We may never get it on our aging(as far as tech goes) infotainment/MMI, and may only come to newer models, but we can always hope!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anyone know if Hyundai is going to update their firmware for the head unit to support Android Auto over WiFi?
There hasn't been much word on this since the tech demos from Pioneer. I certainly hope they do, but this is going to take a long time to bug test and roll out to the masses, since they likely don't want to chase bugs endlessly, rather release a 98%+ firmware/software for a range of head units for various cars. It seems like a fairly simple addition, but it really isn't both technically and logistically. We may never get it on our aging(as far as tech goes) infotainment/MMI, and may only come to newer models, but we can always hope!
I agree, it will probably be awhile before we see this as an optional upgrade. The amount of work it would take is astounding when you take into consideration. The security breaches it opens up. Considering that the Google Assistant can be used to control things in people's homes, I'd rather see them take their time developing it. I think there will also be issues with bandwidth, and lack there of. The reason it doesn't work over Bluetooth is because if the amount of data that had to be streamed simultaneously. While WiFi definitely will work better, the amount of encryption required to do this safely, would allow it down too.

I think something that could be neat would be if the car used it's own Internet connection to access things like Pandora/Spotify and Google Maps, like how Chromecast does. All we would do is use our phones to tell it what to do with the information it has. For those of us with the Premium Package, our cars use the Verizon 4G LTE network for Bluelink purposes so this may be possible. I am not sure how much better it may be, but it was something I thought about for those who have weaker phone signals in there area. I think it would also allow for a faster connection to Pandora rather than waiting for the phone to connect.

But what do I know, I'm just the consumer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'd googled this in the past and back in summer '17, GPS was so hard on the battery that simultaneous USB charging was required. I guess Kenwood has a solution, maybe it uses its own GPS?
You'll probably end up having to pay some crazy price to have the GPS subscription. Even then, Google Maps will almost always be more up to date, making your subscription worthless in my opintion. While it'd be nice to go wire free, accurate GPS is more important in my opinion.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.