Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Pearl, my 2018 Ceramic White Elantra Sport base package with the 6 speed manual.
This is her all stock the day I picked her up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Looks good. Yeah that tire could use a little air ;) Mind explaining the point of a catch can and the difference between either 1 or 2?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tire was on a curb. It's at 37psi.
The oil catch can is to stop oil from going where it shouldn't. There's two places on our car that this is useful. One is the PCV line(Positive crankcase vent). The PCV allows pressure from the crank to vent into the intake, however some oil goes along with the air. The catch can separates it so that oil doesn't gunk up your valves. The second location is the intake breather line. This vents air from the intake manifold back into the intake pipe. Some oil also gets in here (not as much as the PCV though) so once again it helps to keep oil from going into the top of the turbo.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's what it was at straight from the dealer. That's also the PSI I ran my Veloster Turbo at because that's the minimum the TPMS light would turn off at.
And I prefer some uneven tread wear and slightly reduced stopping distance over running over my wheel.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
That's what it was at straight from the dealer. That's also the PSI I ran my Veloster Turbo at because that's the minimum the TPMS light would turn off at.
And I prefer some uneven tread wear and slightly reduced stopping distance over running over my wheel.
As someone that works for a car manufacture, they set them at certain pressures to maximize traction and fuel mileage without compromising ride quality or tire wear. They don't just throw a number out there. :p It's your car, just saying 33 is the correct number. ;) Also, when the car is built they set them super high to avoid flat spotting in transit and on the dealer lot. The dealership is supposed to set them at 33 when you take delivery.

·
Super Moderator
1,200 Posts
The only way you're going to run over your wheel in this car is to slide sideways hard enough to rip the tire off the rim. 33 psi isn't going to cause the tire to even noticeably deflate. It's a decent sidewall for an OEM tire.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd prefer my build thread not to turn into discussion about tire pressures, thank you.

Gutted the 2nd cat

Installed one set of Hella Supertones

Installed some 6EE shifter bushings

And did a little painting

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Today I added two more hella horns. Painted these ones purple, because moar purple is better. Hate to toot my own horn, but I'm pretty **** good at painting :D

I also added some red LEDs to the crash bar to light up the grille at night. Wired them to a switch I added in the car.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'd prefer my build thread not to turn into discussion about tire pressures, thank you.

Gutted the 2nd cat

Installed one set of Hella Supertones

Installed some 6EE shifter bushings

And did a little painting

Did you just tape those areas off or did you remove the pieces and paint them?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Did you just tape those areas off or did you remove the pieces and paint them?
I think he did it freehand; with a tiny brush made from the finest mole pupes.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I think he did it freehand; with a tiny brush made from the finest mole pupes.
Thanks for the input but I'll wait for an actual answer from the OP.

Reactions: Mohkx
1 - 20 of 48 Posts