Elantra Sport Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
What is the name of your red paint you use?
I like it! But i dont know if on thé bleu marina will be good looking.

Thanks !! :)
Don't remember. Just rustoleum's dark red. Believe it was regal red, but don't take my word for it.

Hey dude got a question about this, just purchased a set myself.

We're you able to get them going off the stock wiring harness and just upgrading the fuse from 10A to 15 or 20 or did you use the relay that came with it and wire from scratch?

I've done a new horn that needed a relay on one of my motorcycles but the plugs on the ES are different (not spade connectors) so I'm tying myself in a knot trying to figure it out. Any chance you could list the steps real fast? I'm sure even to use the new relay I'd need to use the plug for the stock horn somehow right?

Any help appreciated.
Didn't even have to upgrade the fuse. Just cut the connector off, crimped on female spade connectors and wired them to the horns. They

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Some subjective thoughts on it too? Most seem to feel like it improves the all-around driveability of the car too, not just having more on tap.

She probably feels pretty perky then!
Had a bit of an issue with the car so I haven't been able to test the tune fully. My wastegate solenoid is bad so I'm only running like 13psi when I should be running 20-22psi. The upgrade comes in Tuesday though so I'll give some thoughts then.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
So, I installed a boost gauge and vacuum block

Then I moved my sub around so that I could free up some extra trunk space. I also routed the wires behind the carpet

41 - 48 of 48 Posts