Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Sorry to read about your experience - really unfortunate. I personally don't have any plans to do engine modifications, but if I did, SXTH was on my shortlist.

Thanks for your service - from a fellow combat vet (y) I have my Southwest Asia Service Medal on my license plate on the ES
Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Have a crap ton of SXTH stuff on my car, wouldn't have it any other way. Always top quality, customer service on point for me. Sure it may be expensive for some, but it's IMO the best stuff out there. Watching Mark (the owner) painstakingly design the stuff they make is a real treat. You never see that from the big shops. Have more stuff on the way from them right now, looking forward to it.

Edit: Mark personally asked me to give you his number and said to contact him at any time. I will PM you his number

·
Registered
288 Posts
This is odd because I had A ton of sxth parts and their tune which is very good when I had my Elantra. I personally know tanner and know that he isn’t the one to brush off 10k in sales and mark is probably one of the nicest dudes on the planet. I have a feeling some “little details” are being left out of this rant of yours but either way if you contact mark I’m sure he’ll get you taken care of

as far as the email goes. Do you email Apple after business hours and expect to get a response? They aren’t a 24 hour business man.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry to read about your experience - really unfortunate. I personally don't have any plans to do engine modifications, but if I did, SXTH was on my shortlist.

Thanks for your service - from a fellow combat vet (y) I have my Southwest Asia Service Medal on my license plate on the ES
View attachment 17965
That's awesome brother they don't offer this in s.c to my knowledge. Just have the regular defender of freedom veteran plate on my ES Honestly SXTH was my only list... Just really unfortunate. Kind of like getting punched in the stomach.. Had really high expectations and they are an HR away from me i mean common doesn't get any better that that. Heck I drove 5 1/2 hrs to myrtle beach to get my car and left at 3:30 am to be there when they opened at 9.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is odd because I had A ton of sxth parts and their tune which is very good when I had my Elantra. I personally know tanner and know that he isn’t the one to brush off 10k in sales and mark is probably one of the nicest dudes on the planet. I have a feeling some “little details” are being left out of this rant of yours but either way if you contact mark I’m sure he’ll get you taken care of

as far as the email goes. Do you email Apple after business hours and expect to get a response? They aren’t a 24 hour business man.
I was actually just given Marks number from another member.. Hopefully we will progress forward and have another gleaming life long customer and supporter of their brand. Little details have not been embellished. That is why im puzzled as well.. And no on the email I will try to look for the email and attach it for honesty and integrity purposes.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have a crap ton of SXTH stuff on my car, wouldn't have it any other way. Always top quality, customer service on point for me. Sure it may be expensive for some, but it's IMO the best stuff out there. Watching Mark (the owner) painstakingly design the stuff they make is a real treat. You never see that from the big shops. Have more stuff on the way from them right now, looking forward to it.

Edit: Mark personally asked me to give you his number and said to contact him at any time. I will PM you his number
Thank you for the info and help. I know if there is anyone to ask anything about this car its you. I don't take your opinions or knowledge with a grain of salt. Thanks again.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Like I said got an email from tanner on Monday asking me to call them during business hours would you like that email too or have I made my point? I mean what I say and say what I mean.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Given the reputation SXTH has the past couple of years, maybe you can chalk it up as a "bad day"? As you know we all have them sometimes. That said, if that same kind of response continues, just take your money elsewhere. Unfortunately for the Hyundai scene the selection is very limited...

And damn - retired! That's a different ball of wax - I just did 8 years total, not 20(+)!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Given the reputation SXTH has the past couple of years, maybe you can chalk it up as a "bad day"? As you know we all have them sometimes. That said, if that same kind of response continues, just take your money elsewhere. Unfortunately for the Hyundai scene the selection is very limited...

And damn - retired! That's a different ball of wax - I just did 8 years total, not 20(+)!
I have recieved a message from Mark already and am hopeful moving forward. Agree with the bad day synopsis your right, they do happen. Now as far as the military not sure we ever get out, know what I mean.. 😉

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just FYI, asking any shop to install their entire catalog in a single day is asking a bit much. Doesn't matter who or where.
I understand that could be a little difficult to accomplish. At this juncture, renting a car for a few days wouldn't be outside of my capabilities.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Like I said got an email from tanner on Monday asking me to call them during business hours would you like that email too or have I made my point? I mean what I say and say what I mean.
the email is there because people constantly blow tanners phone up after hours. It simply is saying if you’d like to contact us, please call during business hours. Knowing how he is, he prefers to TALK to you on the phone about this stuff versus over email as it’s 10x easier to discuss things over the phone. Not exactly sure how saying call us during business hours so we can discuss is some out of this world concept, personally.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
the email is there because people constantly blow tanners phone up after hours. It simply is saying if you’d like to contact us, please call during business hours. Knowing how he is, he prefers to TALK to you on the phone about this stuff versus over email as it’s 10x easier to discuss things over the phone. Not exactly sure how saying call us during business hours so we can discuss is some out of this world concept, personally.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
He also said I couldn't come to their place to look at it.
They were not allowing people to come by due to Covid, which should be pretty obvious. Mark told me today they relaxed on that a bit so maybe Tanner didn't know, because he's actually not located where they are. In fact he's pretty much on the other side of the country.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok guys just to put this to bed. I had a chance to visit SXTH this afternoon and met Mark and a few of the guys.. Really nice people everyone. Must honestly been a total miscommunication. I ended up picking up the FMIC, downpipe, M45XL plugs and the wastegate solenoid. Have to wait a little bit on the CPLT carbon fiber intake as they were missing a hose, however plenty of time for that as I will be having everything installed and stage 1 tune done on the 12th of September... Anyone got any words of advice on how much different the car will behave after having all that stuff installed at the same time..? Im really glad this all worked out and was able to look at their products and definitely agree and see why their products are top notch.. If anyone wants to chime in and let me know what to expect going from stock to all the parts listed in the same day feel free..

1 - 20 of 36 Posts