Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to ask if anybody know if the TPMS module can store at least 2 different sensor.

I am planning on having two set of wheels for summer and winter. I would like to know if I can put another TPMS for my winter wheels so that the TPMS light will not lit up on dash.

I know that many do not put the TPMS sensor on a different set of wheels and ignore the light on the dash.

It will be very convenient not to remove and install the same TPMS sensor every time we change wheels.

Thanks.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Sport doesn't seem to have TPMS in it, at least not mine, as I have a set of steel winters on and have never seen one come on. Unless the dealer disabled it when they put them on for me, as I know my winter set doesn't have them.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
All new cars have TPMS now, it's required.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is true. I am only asking this question because I know that most cars can only recognize one TPMS at a time. If we want to use a different TPMS we have to go to the dealership and have them record it on the TPMS module.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sport doesn't seem to have TPMS in it, at least not mine, as I have a set of steel winters on and have never seen one come on. Unless the dealer disabled it when they put them on for me, as I know my winter set doesn't have them.
Do you store your summer wheels inside the garage close to the car every day? If you do your TPMS light will not lit up because the module can sense it when you park your car.

At least this is what I was told. I have a corolla and the light do not lit up. Unless I drive more than 25 miles.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Do you store your summer wheels inside the garage close to the car every day? If you do your TPMS light will not lit up because the module can sense it when you park your car.

At least this is what I was told. I have a corolla and the light do not lit up. Unless I drive more than 25 miles.
Nope, in a buddy's garage a few blocks away. Car hasn't been near them since I put them there in December. They are not required by manufacturers in Canada.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts

It may sense them when you're parked next to them, but they periodically refresh enough that not long after you drive away it won't recognize them anymore. I don't know if all manufactures are the same, but I work for Nissan and most of their cars won't even give you air pressure readings until you have driven down the road a ways. (usually around a mile) However, if the incorrect wheels are on the car it will throw a light right away.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Not in Canada apparently.

From Transport Canada:

"The Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) is not a manufacturing requirement on new vehicles sold in Canada, or on imported vehicles. Furthermore, there is no federal regulation that prohibits disabling the TPMS system on vehicles, as vehicle use falls under provincial and territorial jurisdictions."

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts