Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to remove the TPMS from the stock wheels and use them on most aftermarket wheels? Or is it preferable to keep the stock ones with the stock wheels in order to sell them, and buy new ones for the new wheels? I'd rather not spend the extra $ if I don't need to...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Take-off TPMS sensors are on EBay for $40ish. It would cost you more than that for M&B .
I think I misunderstood. It's looking like it's cheaper and easier to buy new TPMS from Tire Rack and have them install them and do M&B - resulting in a simple swap-the-wheels setup I can do myself - than to have a local installer remove the old TPMS and install them, then have to M&B both sets of tires. Am I understanding that correctly?

Sorry for the newb questions; I've never dealt with TPMS before and I don't want to screw it up! :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yeah...

If you buy a set from TR, have them include it. Otherwise you have all sorts of mounting/dismouting/remounting headaches.

You can buy EBay sensors for a lot less than what TR charges, but if you figure local M&B vs for free by them, you'll come out ahead with their sensors included in the deal.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah...

If you buy a set from TR, have them include it. Otherwise you have all sorts of mounting/dismouting/remounting headaches.

You can buy EBay sensors for a lot less than what TR charges, but if you figure local M&B vs for free by them, you'll come out ahead with their sensors included in the deal.
Thank you, sir! You advice is much appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.