Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to send it to redline so they can custom make one. (When I get it back, Ill post pics and writeup for us here.. and then more folks can buy one!)

Uh... this shifter is crazy.. theres a spring, a weird plastic shroud, and the boot sticks up into the reverse collar. So it doesnt look like I can use it without the boot... which means I wont be able to send mine to them for creation.

Anyone removed theirs and can offer some guidance?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Going to send it to redline so they can custom make one. (When I get it back, Ill post pics and writeup for us here.. and then more folks can buy one!)

Uh... this shifter is crazy.. theres a spring, a weird plastic shroud, and the boot sticks up into the reverse collar. So it doesnt look like I can use it without the boot... which means I wont be able to send mine to them for creation.

Anyone removed theirs and can offer some guidance?
The spring is just there to make the reverse lockout collar springs back down. You can use it without the boot but I definitely would not recommend driving it without the boot. Reverse lockout won't be installed so you can very easily access reverse instead of first gear. You would have to be very careful to ensure you don't go over too much and engage reverse.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The spring is just there to make the reverse lockout collar springs back down. You can use it without the boot but I definitely would not recommend driving it without the boot. Reverse lockout won't be installed so you can very easily access reverse instead of first gear. You would have to be very careful to ensure you don't go over too much and engage reverse.
I can live with that, I used to own a MS3, and the shift pattern is the same here, and that had no lockout mech... fuckin retarded.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I can live with that, I used to own a MS3, and the shift pattern is the same here, and that had no lockout mech... fuckin retarded.
I had a speed too. On those you have to push the shifter down and then get into reverse. So even if you removed the boot you would still have the lock out.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine didnt. I could just move it right over. When the dude who bought it came to drive away, he almost went through my garage door twice

·
Registered
116 Posts
Mine didnt. I could just move it right over. When the dude who bought it came to drive away, he almost went through my garage door twice
That's crazy. I had a Gen2 and my brother had a Gen1 (now has Gen2) and they both had a lock-out feature where you push down on the shifter and then move it over.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea weird. I have never driven another one.. but the Speed 6 I almost bought had one.. so yea looking back it is kinda strange.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts