Elantra Sport Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think the second and fourth options looks the best, clean lines and they sit flush against the body unlike the other two that looks like they stick out.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I have #2 on my car. Got it from one of the reps in the facebook group. Even though I paid $140 shipped for it (more than the eBay link) I got it in like 2 days from South Korea with lightning fast UPS shipping. So the extra cost was worth it. And his customer service is top notch. The first spoiler he sent was flawed. He contacted the supplier right away and within a couple days another one was sent out at no cost to me.

Reactions: Voodoo Idol

·
Registered
133 Posts
Decent options. I'm hoping we start seeing some CF options. I'd really like to see someone fabricate a CF trunk with a nice duckbill.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have #3 but I wish I'd sprung for the painted version. I don't have the setup to do it properly and it isn't going well. It dry fit quite nicely.

I also have #4. The "3M" tape has given way within 3 weeks but I didn't install it properly. It's holding on tight with the supplemental silicone adhesive but I look forward to reinstalling it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have #2 on my car. Got it from one of the reps in the facebook group. Even though I paid $140 shipped for it (more than the eBay link) I got it in like 2 days from South Korea with lightning fast UPS shipping. So the extra cost was worth it. And his customer service is top notch. The first spoiler he sent was flawed. He contacted the supplier right away and within a couple days another one was sent out at no cost to me.
How does it adhere? Post a picture cause I want it lol

·
Registered
2,413 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What flaws did the first one have? Just painting mistakes?
I have #3 but I wish I'd sprung for the painted version. I don't have the setup to do it properly and it isn't going well. It dry fit quite nicely.

I also have #4. The "3M" tape has given way within 3 weeks but I didn't install it properly. It's holding on tight with the supplemental silicone adhesive but I look forward to reinstalling it.
You can always wrap it too instead of painting it.

How does it adhere? Post a picture cause I want it lol
These things always come with 3m tape attached on the underside around the whole spoiler. To do it properly, instead of peeling the red film off all at once, start from the center and peel a tiny section about 1" long, mount it on the trunk, align it perfectly, use some masking tape to hold the ends in place so it doesn't move, and peel away the rest of the film underneath. The surface has to be super clean and de-greased. Also, if you wipe it with any alcohol based product, give it some time to evaporate, otherwise the tape will not adhere as strongly. Sometimes the spoiler does not fit flush, so if there is any resistance, it will end up pulling on the tape and create gaps. To fix that I also add clear silicone to a few points around the wing to make sure it won't come off by itself.

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
What flaws did the first one have? Just painting mistakes?
It had dimples on the top, either from not molding right or something else. It looked like I put it on the trunk with bolts and tightened them down too much so the top of the spoiler sunk down in those areas.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Can you link the FB group? I'm not familiar with it

·
Registered
2,413 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anybody know how I might get my hands on the trunk spoiler that's available as an option on the Canadian Elantra Sports here in the US?

·
Registered
2,413 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
2,413 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts