Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I literally joined the ES owner family today. I bought a red 2018 ES on Sunday and drove it home today. But now I have a weird problem... my trunk door will not close.

The dealer had me turn on the "Smart Trunk" feature before I left. At some point on the drive home I suddenly realized that my trunk was open. I have not been able to figure out why it won't lock or close... it is a total mystery. Google searches haven't turned up much.

Has anyone had this kind of problem before. It's such a stupid and depressing problem to have starting Day One.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

·
Registered
12 Posts
to me this sounds like inside rubber bumpers are left a bit higher than nomal, have you try a firmer push on the truck?

·
Registered
55 Posts
cargo net could get stuck between the the latch, or your trunk open tab under your seat could be stuck propped open on accident.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the initial feedback. None of the suggested explanations appear to be the issue. I tried slamming down hard and also putting my full weight on it. I already moved the cargo net out of the way and it's not the trunk open tab.

If it is actually a rubber thickness issue, then I don't know how they cleaned and prepped the car before giving to me. I'm taking it to the dealer next week and I'll let them sort it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts