Elantra Sport Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ******* from canada, Looking to tune the crap outa my 2018 elantra gt sport. Looking to find out what the stock engine and trans can handle along with easy bolt ons. turbos, exhausts, intakes and intercoolers ect. Very knowledgeable on assembly and disassembly of the vehicle as I'm an ex Hyundai tech.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Hey ******* from canada, Looking to tune the crap outa my 2018 elantra gt sport. Looking to find out what the stock engine and trans can handle along with easy bolt ons. turbos, exhausts, intakes and intercoolers ect. Very knowledgeable on assembly and disassembly of the vehicle as I'm an ex Hyundai tech.
Lap3 has several vehicles pushing the boundaries of the engine. The stock turbo is good for ~240whp with supporting mods. They have several cars with upgraded turbos running around 300-330whp. That's when they recommend upgrading the rods. Aside from that, the engine is pretty stout. Dual catch cans recommended.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Depending on ur Tranny, DCT seems to hold well when torque remains below 280ish, while the manual seems to be able to push a bit above that.

Power wise, we have had a person boosted to 24psi on the lap3 Xcargot turbo kit for a couple months and when dynoed he hit around 340whp so for that it seems safe, but lap3 recommends adding forged rods just in case when boosted that high with that much power. Boltons will give minuscule power upgrades but a tune will make all the difference in power. For me personally I bought the lap3 canned tune before turbo upgrading but it was great :) would recommend. Bolt-ons there are plenty of people out there you can get some quality stuff from.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts